Hi, it's me.

Simply talk about anything.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Hi, it's me.

Postby hseiken on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:51 am

Hey, dudes. It's me, live from Haiti. Thought I'd swing by and say hi. The net connection's not great so I can't listen to any tunes or anything. My ship was supposed to just take a nice little tour around south america and end up in san diego but the first night, BAM Haiti earthquake so since we were the closest carrier...yeah...

This may sound a little self centered...but my FUGGING LAPTOP BROKE! I know, there's people dying of thirst and whatnot just a couple miles away from me and even on this ship, there's life saving surgeries going on...but dammit...take away my music and you may as well kill me! rockin

All I've got left is a copy of Beaterator (which, btw...is like hand job where the chick gets tired right before you get to the exploding point...leaving you there to just kind of sit akwardly in the car with her), and Bhajis Loops and my SUPER old laptop with the FM synth in it. I got my studio on board with me, but no real way to set anything up, much less record...so it's kind of...bleh...

But I'm still making tunes. I'm scheduled to go out on land to tech assist on comms and move water/supplies and stuff on the 7th. Until then, it's on the sidelines, doing behind the scenes support. Pretty much any video you see of Haiti, you can see some of my ship's work. :)

Catch you later!
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Re: Hi, it's me.

Postby Dj Pound on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:12 am

Hseiken! Sup man..Good to hear from you. Wow, your in Haiti? Man. Sad with all the death and destruction.
.....I know how it feels too, to be away from my 'gear' for to long, sh*t sucks :|
Hope you stay safe, talk to you later :thumbs:
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://titusandtheraindrops.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Dj Pound
Knob Fiddler

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:12 am

All the best to you, H! Sorry to hear about your laptop - that's a drag.

I've got friends on the ground in Haiti, too. Some fun, but better than the sandbox. Stay safe.

Scott
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Hey man, thanks for stopping by!

Keep making tunage! Sounds like your location is a perfect canvas for a creative flow.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Return to General Off-Topic