feeling a bit frustrated

Simply talk about anything.

Moderator: Aciphecs

feeling a bit frustrated

Postby blakrain on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:33 pm

I was purusing Youtube and came across a video of DJ Rush from 2008. We were neighbors back when we were kids so I am thrilled to see how well he has done. The kind of techno he spins and produces I absoloutely LOVE. Its a bit frustrating bcause I can hear in my head what is should sound ike but I seem to be missing that "something"and it drives me a bit nuts. I'm putting the link here to give you all an idea of the sound I am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puLeWxdr ... grec_index
blakrain
Knob Abuser

Re: feeling a bit frustrated

Postby dbomob on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:25 am

Well first and formost, realize that you are now old and try not to romanticize your youth.

If that doesn't work, eat a bunch of drugs and hang out with strung out 19 year olds. The more track marks the better.
DEEBS.
Korg ESX-SD, Korg R3, Roland D-2, Korg Kaossilator KO-1,
Korg Mini-KP, Roland DR-5, Alesis Multimix 6FX, Lightsnake.
Ableton Live, Sony Acid, FL Studio, Reason, ReCycle, FM8.
dbomob
Electribe Newbie

Postby blakrain on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 am

You're a funny guy :) Strung out 19 year olds don't make for the best conversations, nor do I trus em in my house if they are that strung out. I have listened to stuff i have made when chemically altered after i sobered up. it sounded horrible! LOL
blakrain
Knob Abuser

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 pm

uhm depends with what you get chemically altered..... by the way.... this is off-topic :shakeno:
:gunz:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Ain't no drug gonna give you the skills that practice, practice, practice can. If you're unhappy with your direction, then you're better off spending the time with your instrument than you are with anything else.

You can get strung out AFTER you learn to play and make a pile - that's the way the truly successful dopefiends do it. Just ask Keef.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:19 am

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Ain't no drug gonna give you the skills that practice, practice, practice can. If you're unhappy with your direction, then you're better off spending the time with your instrument than you are with anything else.

You can get strung out AFTER you learn to play and make a pile - that's the way the truly successful dopefiends do it. Just ask Keef.

Yes but I can still argue by saying your brain is much more "unlocked" if you will on psychedelics and if you know how to control it then you're wrong about that.... ;)

But

I will agree, about the fact that it's much more effective after you know what you're doing. :)

Who said anything about dope? ;)

I do sense a skewed image of substances ;) I'll tell you from first hand experience... I used to do a LOT of drugs.... there are quite a few that pop into mind that could be very benefitial to production.... no, alcohol, coke, meth, and heroin as well as any other opiates would not be very benefitial ;)
:shakeno:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby blakrain on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks for setting me straight. I wasn't exactly sure where my post would fall under but this works. I never tried any of the standard stuff like schrooms and extasy (drugs of choice back in the days ) because I didn't know how I would react. It would be just my luck to be the ONE guy that got strung out on somethig that isn't supposed to be addictive. The other par is I prefer to spend money on thigs that are tangible. Im willing to pay for an "experience" but I am picky with wnat I choose. I was like that in college as well. WHy spend money on drinks at the bar ald all I get is a hangoer when I can buy records or video games which I will have for years.
blakrain
Knob Abuser

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:16 am

I have no problems with individual choice, but I will say that in the long run, substance abuse is just that: seen too many of my friends and co-workers go downhill due to overuse - no matter what their choice of drug was (Timothy Leary be damned). Have fun, enjoy yourself, but be careful.

Just the old guy, survivor opinion.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Return to General Off-Topic