Simply talk about anything.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: What do you listen to

Postby oldboy on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:53 pm

artist : Kashiwa Daisuke
album: Program music 1

artist: Modeselektor
album: Hello Mom !
song: Hasir < listen to that song and DARE you not to bounce to it ! ! ! DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU !
〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫내숭〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫
oldboy
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:50 am

oldboy wrote:artist : Kashiwa Daisuke
album: Program music 1

artist: Modeselektor
album: Hello Mom !
song: Hasir < listen to that song and DARE you not to bounce to it ! ! ! DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU !

I saw Modeselektor last year and they definitely had me and everyone else moving on the dance floor. Fun act to see live.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby gotBASS on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:20 am

Right now:
"Moderat" album
"Hecker" album (acid in the style of...)
Some "HORSE the band" :rolling:

Edit: obviously not all simultaneously. Well, maybe not that obviously.
Equipment List:
Laptop (Vista Home Premium) - Reaper DAW Program - Yamaha AW1600 Digital Multitrack Recorder - Alesis SR-16 Midi Drum Module - Yamaha DJX-IIb - Electribe EMX - Nintendo DS (with Homebrew Cartridge) - Warwick Corvette $$ 5-string - Laney RBW 200 Bass Amp - Various Guitar/Bass Pedals - M Audio Oxygen 8 v2 Midi Keyboard
gotBASS
Knob Abuser

Postby Mateus on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:33 pm

radiohead

ps: never heard about Kashiwa Daisuke, it is awesome!
Mateus
Knob Fiddler

Postby oldboy on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Mateus wrote:radiohead

ps: never heard about Kashiwa Daisuke, it is awesome!

" program music " 1 is the best . i was thinking about copying that style for an album.

" april #2 " is along the same lines as " program music 1 " and i think "april #7 is remixes of his songs by other artist, not totally sure on that though.

his latest album is " 5 Dec " all the songs are broken up and are separated. in general this album isn't as good, but its different. hits of metal and other genre.

i love to promote his work
〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫내숭〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫〫
oldboy
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:27 pm

I don't really listen to this guy, but I think he's the most talented pianist of all time :-P.... he was killed because of his talent...
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby borg elite on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 pm

I'll post about my musical loves another time but currently I'm listening to a lot of drum and bass. Hospital Records stuff really does it for me. Probably not grimey and :twisted: enough for some but it's banging. As much as I love electronic music and dance I'd always stayed away form drum and bass. I don't know why. Probably because I was caught up in the house scene in the UK during the late 80s and have always been a 4 to the floor man.

Currently listening to When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence by Harmonic 313. I'm sure anyone on here would be interested in this album as it has a kind of amateurish/tinkering with synthesizers feel about it. But it's not amateurish if you know what I mean :? His side kick Tom Middleton is also well worth checking out.

The soundtrack throughout my life has been The Stone Roses and New Order. I don't listen to them everyday but a day never goes by without me thinking of one of their songs.
borg elite
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:20 am

Some more Boris Brejcha minimal electro/acid with a cool video to go along with the music. I think this dude's analog sounds are chillingly good. If you like minimal, you'll like this.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby lifeinUV on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:14 pm

oh geez this is a gonna be a list lol

electro
trance
drum'n'bass
EBM
aggrotech
jungle
powernoise
synthpop
cold wave
80's new wave
psy goa
hardstyle
gabber
dubstep
glitch
trip hop
breakbeat
industrial

granted it would've been easier to just say "electronic" music but i don't listen to everything and some of these sub genre's kinda blur the lines a bit.
lifeinUV
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:35 am

Yatmandu wrote:Some more Boris Brejcha minimal electro/acid with a cool video to go along with the music. I think this dude's analog sounds are chillingly good. If you like minimal, you'll like this.

A'ight!! I've been using this tune as a single link reply to scammers. It works really well. For instance to this "Roland TD-909" ad I saw today:

My reply:

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8etot81-bzA

To: yatmandu
Sent: Sat, October 17, 2009 12:28:13 PM
Subject: Re: Reply to your "Roland TD 909" Ad on Kijiji

I'm really glad you're interested in this item. It used to belong to my husband the judge gave it to me after the divorce and I have no use for it. I just want to get rid of it as soon as possible because the money and time he spent on it was one of the main reasons for our divorce.
I'm not really good at this stuff... all I know is it's working perfectly and has never had any problems.
After the divorce I moved back to my mother's in London along with all my belongings ... this blasted thing included.
I'll ship it using an international service at no charge for you. The listed price is the real price. I'll even send the shipping receipt to my husband so that he sees what happened to his beloved stuff.
Because I can't explain much about the item  technical stuff I'll offer a 10 day return option.
If you're serious about buying the item, email me back so that I can explain how this will work.
Irene.

:lol: :mrgreen:
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

PreviousNext

Return to General Off-Topic