hmm lets be honest.

Simply talk about anything.

Moderator: Aciphecs

hmm lets be honest.

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:37 pm

I am not exactly sure what got me to post this but I figured I might do it anyways..

I'm in a shitty place right now. I'm several thousand dollars in debt due to both personal purchases and the fact that I have been living alone with my girlfriend and paying out of my pocket for a lot of things without having a job.... I guess the technical term would be paying out of my pocket with plastic money :bat:

Anyways..... I'm in a particularly shitty place right now because we are going through a shitty time as a couple. We got into a big fight and at this point we are "together bug separate".... we haven't really talked since the incident and I don't really see anything good coming out of the situation....

The good news (and at the same time the bad) is that I pretty much have a guaranteed job as a sushi chef at a restaurant I used to work at.... which would mean dumping whatever I have left with my girlie and moving back to the seattle area and either renting an apartment or getting together with a couple old friends and rent a house...

Anyways enough with the drama bull shyte...

What's really weird is that the more shyte goes on in my life the more fragile I get but the more powerful my music gets. Since this stuff started happening I've been dropping my best tracks and I kind of feel like my music is the only thing not suffering. in a way it kind of gives me hope but the reality is that no matter how good my music gets I don't think it's realistic to think that it will ever make me a living... at least in the states....

Anyways... all I gotta say is that I really appreciate this community and everyone who has become a part of it. It's truly the only positive thing I have right now and it truly does give me hope.

Don't worry about reading all of that or responding... I"m just throwing these thoughts out there for anyone who is bored enough to read em.....

Thanks! :hug:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Re: hmm lets be honest.

Postby hseiken on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:20 pm

Hey, man, i feel ya. There was a point when I wasn't sure if I was going to live in my car or not and pounded out music just to keep from going insane thinking about how crappy my life was.

However, it's pretty much a given...if you're somehow in a crappy spot in your life and you are an artist, that's when your muse comes in and fucks you silly. When you're happy, your muse doesn't want anything to do with you. Don't know why.

Even as a collective, music has always been better in times when the world was ticking down to midnight on the doomsday clock. When everything got better again, music went to shyte again.

Something with human nature I suppose.

Good luck with the new job. I was somehow able to avoid living in my car (bounced into a job making 60G's a year...and then pissed it away by joining the navy when the industry flopped out...lol..got laid off and decided i didn't want to deal with joblessness for a while, so I figured the best job security would be a contract with the military that would cause me to be arrested if I left before it was up!)

Phew. mouthful.
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Postby Dj Pound on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 am

For every bad day, their is a good day! Always remember that and keep you're head up :D

Ive also learned that Women can sidetrack/derail an individuals dreams!
I try as hard as I can myself, to stray clear of any kind of habits, people or things that may distract me from focusing 100% on what it is that I want for myself...which is essentially HAPPINESS.
Just do you're own thing, and follow you're heart. And you'll hardly ever go wrong.

I wish nothing but the best to you, and I hope everything works out :)
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://titusandtheraindrops.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Dj Pound
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:21 am

Dj Pound wrote:For every bad day, their is a good day! Always remember that and keep you're head up :D

Ive also learned that Women can sidetrack/derail an individuals dreams!
I try as hard as I can myself, to stray clear of any kind of habits, people or things that may distract me from focusing 100% on what it is that I want for myself...which is essentially HAPPINESS.
Just do you're own thing, and follow you're heart. And you'll hardly ever go wrong.

I wish nothing but the best to you, and I hope everything works out :)

Dude it's kinda hard to look at it this way when I've had a VERY VERY VERY solid streak of bad luck for a good two years straight...... It's to a point where when something goes wrong all I can do is shrug and border line laugh.

Anyways that's good advice..... thanks guys
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Daddylaser on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 am

'tribe > woman
Daddylaser
Electribe Newbie

Postby laura on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 am

>'tribe > woman

Hahaha!!!
I'm a newbie & this is my first post. I just bought a used electribe last weekend & I'm learning the basics. Lemme introduce myself. I'm probably not your typical Electribe user. You can guess my gender and I was old enough to have gone to Woodstock.( I didn't go, though.) :lol:

I have been getting into keyboards & electronica for several years now and it is really my way of compensating for my limitations, i.e. being a social embarassment," who wants to hang with an old lady", (look on the musicians boards, they all want people under 30) and not being able to lift the equipment because of a bad back. Yeah I have a great family and my kids are musicians, but they don't want to jam with me because 'who wants to jam with your mom?" :cry:

I would rather jam with others but since that's not happening I am trying to learn how to use machines to fill the gap. That's why I got an electribe to make some background beats. I also own a Yamaha MM6 and an Alesis Micron. My biggest problem is getting all of these machines to work together & coordinate them!!

Anyway, music is a great way to deal with the problems in life! It is my antidote for loneliness, and I hope when I retire in a few years I'll be good enough to spend my free time making serious music.

myspace.com/laurawoodswalker
laura
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 am

Hi Laura, and welcome to the forum! The day music creation is limited to people of a certain age, is the day I stop listening to music. Music is universal. I'm no spring chicken myself, and I'm in the funny scenario where my kids don't understand the crazy electronic music that I make and like to listen to. They're into their classic rock, alternative, and metal. Woodstock! I grew up in the 70's/80's but have friends that went to Woodstock! Anyway, good to have you as a new member.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:47 am

Nice to know there are other "Old Guys" (females included in the descriptor) here, including one older than me. :lol:

Welcome to the site, Laura!
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Dj Pound on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Hey Laura!! Nice to meet you. I thought I recognized you by one of the questions left on the other Electribe forum. And I agree with the others, No one's ever to "old" to create music :thumbs:
Glad to be of any help anytime!

Dj Pound
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://titusandtheraindrops.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Dj Pound
Knob Fiddler

Postby Cloud-Die on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:03 pm

my best muic comes in times of sadness,
i am lyricist more than composer, i seem unable to write happy songs, more depressing ones, pretty much suicidal sounding even, i am vey proud off alot off what ive written, but i guess thier always has tobe a emotional trigger for very emotional songs,
ill probs show u soem of my lyrics sometime.. if you fancy:),

btw ruso, whenever your sad, were hear for you man, beause (8) we are your freinds, you never be alone again, so come on, so come on, so come onnnn(8)

if my typing and spelling suck's, tis probs coz of afe to may near xmas beers!

speaking of which merry xmas lad's and lass's!
Cloud-Die
Electribe Newbie

Next

Return to General Off-Topic