Glitch

Talk about computer and software related projects.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Glitch

Postby Sven Der on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:42 am

http://illformed.org/blog/glitch/

Has anyone ever tried this programm?
Some of the samples sound brillant in my ears, but i dont quite get it yet... :roll:
Sven Der
Electribe Newbie

Re: Glitch

Postby MagpieIndustries on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:13 am

Yeah its nice, but definitely don't overdo it, it sounds very obvious.
MagpieIndustries
Knob Abuser

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:43 am

it's an allright program. You can make it as structured or as random as you want. I must say several things though, like Magpie said it's obvious... meaning it has a very unique tone and using it makes your music kind of take that tone and it gets old pretty quick... Also if you will use it on something percussive like drums or stabs, you might want to compress the outcome a bit.

It''s ok, it's free, you can midi map it to do some cool stuff.... but it's only so so impressive.

If you want something more mathematical, random and more intense get LiveCut. It uses a mathematical formula to slice up break beats and juggle them. It's really cool because you can record the results it produces and use that to throw in drum breaks in your tunas. It also has three different modes all three very awesome. The warp mode is awesome on vocals.

http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/2005/07/livecut.php
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Sven Der on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am

Looks awesome! Thank you very very much! :D
Sven Der
Electribe Newbie

Postby MagpieIndustries on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:30 am

There is also SupaTrigga if you havn't seen it, not much FX but it will rearrange your beat in simple (nice) ways. I noticed that with supatrigga (and this possibly effects other plugins too) that if you switch them on and off they often cause pops and errors. I solve this by leaving them always on and using sends for a wet/dry control instead.
MagpieIndustries
Knob Abuser

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 pm

MagpieIndustries wrote:There is also SupaTrigga if you havn't seen it, not much FX but it will rearrange your beat in simple (nice) ways. I noticed that with supatrigga (and this possibly effects other plugins too) that if you switch them on and off they often cause pops and errors. I solve this by leaving them always on and using sends for a wet/dry control instead.

Live cut has a similar effect to super trigger inside it but also two others that are far more advanced and have much more destructive and better sounding stretching and stuttering going on. It's a great effect especially if you record the output and chop it up for fills.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby MagpieIndustries on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:43 pm

MagpieIndustries
Knob Abuser

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:09 pm

That thing is pretty cool I've used it before... but I gotta say it was designed to be used with a keyboard or a midi controller and is not super user friendly to be used like that....

What works really well with it, is if say in ableton you create a new midi track and send the midi notes to the plug and sequence it...

The effects are much better sounding then glitch also.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Return to Computer/Software