Live Performance Category?

Please give feedback about this website.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Live Performance Category?

Postby decrepitude on Fri May 30, 2008 8:12 am

How about a category dedicated to using the Electribes in a live performance setting?

Call it, " Live Performance - Discuss how to use Electribes for live performance. Share techniques and setups."
decrepitude
Electribe Newbie

Re: Live Performance Category?

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Fri May 30, 2008 9:48 am

ok two things about this. I was actually thinking about opening one but first of all I don't think a live performance section should be electribe based because most of the time electribes are not used alone. Second of all I'm moving this topic into the feedback forum.

Any thoughts? Do you think Live Performance should be under Electribes or other general forums?
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby MagpieIndustries on Sat May 31, 2008 3:19 am

I think 'Live Performance' would be great alongide 'General Discussion', 'Electribe Music' and 'Electribe Video' etc.. as a top level forum. You can always move it later if it doesn't seem to fit.

I'm excited about the live performance aspect, it's all I do :)
MagpieIndustries
Knob Abuser

Postby Stilo on Sat May 31, 2008 12:25 pm

To be honest...I even think Music, Video and Live Performance could be all in one category...it's all mixed up anyway with all the YouTube and MySpace stuff nowadays.
Stilo
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sat May 31, 2008 6:09 pm

the point is not to advertize myspace or youtube or soundclick or virb but to advertize single pieces within. A lot of people don't ever watch you tube videos and I could care less to hear people's songs through them because the quality is crap. I'd rather watch youtube to watch people's tutorials and such (but this is all a personal preference). Songs are a totally different realm.

Live performance has nothing to do with either. It's a discussion forum to discuss techniques and post and ask other information. Once again i don't see it fitting with either of the two categories UNLESS someone posts a live recording of a show or a video.... but once again that's not particularly the reason for the forums but is totally acceptable.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Stilo on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:50 am

Ruso wrote:Live performance has nothing to do with either. It's a discussion forum to discuss techniques and post and ask other information.

True...I didn't think of that aspect when I posted, maybe because I expected most people to post some YouTube videos in there anyway.

And I mean, as soon as someone posts a video of his latest song, it's at the same time Electribe music, a video, and most of the time even a live performance ;)
Stilo
Electribe Newbie

Return to Feedback