Playing live demos and uploading them to Soundcloud

Talk about Electribe as well as other aspects of performing live.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Playing live demos and uploading them to Soundcloud

Postby daveybones on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

Hello , can anyone help? I have been creating my own tracks with my emx, but want to show my demos to people on soundcloud and and any other web resources.
Is there an easy way.? I would be performing my track demos, so therefore I guess it would have to pre-record them and save them . Do I need a particular software? Without being blinded by the state of the art music applications, I just want to perform what I have made and upload .
Can anyone help?

Mucho appreciated!

daveybones
daveybones
Electribe Newbie

Re: Playing live demos and uploading them to Soundcloud

Postby Aciphecs on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 am

Well you have to record the audio output from the EMX in order to get it on your PC. There are a couple ways to do this depending on your budget.

For free, download Audacity and run the audio from the EMX into the line in on your PC. You can set Audacity to record from the line in.

For a fair amout, you can use a portable digital recorder. We currently use the Tascam DP-004 for recording live electribe jams. It uses an SD card and USB, so transferring the file to your PC is easy as transferring a picture from a camera. It is a little frustrating setting up the track, naming it, setting the inputs and their properties (all with a single dial on a tiny screen), making sure the levels are correct and no clipping or overdrive, recording, saving, combining tracks for a master, then exporting the master. Like anything though, once you get the workflow down, it's not too bad, and it's a 4-track, so you can record the parts seperately if you want full control.

Then there's the audio interface (preferred choice for quality\professionalism). This is essentially a external soundcard and records directly into your PC. You can read all about them here.
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Return to Live Performance