maybe someday

Talk about Electribe as well as other aspects of performing live.

Moderator: Aciphecs

maybe someday

Postby rob_damage on Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm

when we play live i don't even bring my esx. being that i scream my head off/while my bass player plays, i just just don't see the point. i record everything onto my digital recorder and bring that instead. for what i do, you'd understand why.
i have incorporated my micro korg into the live sets, playing the occational background keyboards, tho..
i'll post up some video as soon as i edit it into something watchable.
rob_damage
Electribe Newbie

Re: maybe someday

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Wed May 20, 2009 10:10 pm

So what you are saying is that you don't think there's a point of playing live,.... when playing live :!: :?: :spin:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby rob_damage on Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 am

Ruso wrote:So what you are saying is that you don't think there's a point of playing live,.... when playing live :!: :?: :spin:

lol! rereading what i wrote, and your response has me dying of laughter.. it really sounds like what you said... lol!!!!

unfortunately, i can't knob twist when i'm screetching my head off- & i know absolutely no one who's even remotely interested in learning how to use the esx :(

we make do for the most part tho... i just don't see the point of lugging around another piece of equipment that could get damaged.. you know?
rob_damage
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu May 21, 2009 10:00 am

You could just get like a britney spears headpiece mic and some sexy booty pants and sing into that while still be able to play the esx :brush:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Yatmandu on Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 am

Rob, what was the piece that fell off your keyboard stand after which you just shrugged at the audience in your youtube video? Classic! If I were you, I'd keep the gear to a minimum on stage. LOLZ!
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby rob_damage on Thu May 21, 2009 7:46 pm

yea man, i'm one of the most clumsy assholes you will ever find! my day job is in a coffee house, so you can imagine how many people (including myself) have been burned!! :o lol!!!! the piece of gear that finally went down for the count was my micro korg. i was using this piece of shyte keyboard stand and well, you saw the results. lol!!! i should have taken a pic of it after the show! it was covered in fake blood and sweat. but hey, the little guy can take a beating- still works like a charm... it's just hard to explain to people why the keys are so sticky- hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
(when i say i love my korg stuff- i MEAN it!) lol!

in all seriousness tho, for what i do- it just isn't necessary to bring tons of gear... i wouldn't ever cheat my audience- i try to do as much stuff as i can to make it as 'live' as possible, but pressing play on my electribe vs. pressing play on my digital recorder is apples & oranges really... (at least for me)
rob_damage
Electribe Newbie

Postby MegganKelley on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 am

what was the piece that fell off your keyboard stand after which you just shrugged at the audience in your youtube video?
Creating so touching plots and decent character developement, Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas DVD will be the next huge thing on your TV with Rules of Engagement Seasons 1-4 DVD!
MegganKelley
Electribe Newbie

Return to Live Performance