stickam for live shows :)

Talk about Electribe as well as other aspects of performing live.

Moderator: Aciphecs

stickam for live shows :)

Postby MagpieIndustries on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:26 am

Anyone want to do some live shows on stickam.com? If you are interested then add me as a friend, my stickam username is magpieindustries. I broadcast live jams a couple of times a week, please feel free to tune in if you want to!

Here is a recent dubby techno jam session. I am into more acidy techno this month.
MagpieIndustries
Knob Abuser

Re: stickam for live shows :)

Postby MagpieIndustries on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:22 am

come on you guys, there are so many videos up on youtube already that I am really disappointed that none of you want to show off your tunes live.
MagpieIndustries
Knob Abuser

Postby The Puppeteer on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:28 pm

We're gearing up to do some live studio shows. Had a video camera die, and now just trying to work out how to capture a performance, because our studio is pretty big and we use a bunch of synths and electribes at the same time.
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
The Puppeteer
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:41 pm

so how many people are we talking? I've always been curious.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby The Puppeteer on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Just the two of us.

In this room

Though we set up an extra table in the centre for Jamie's gear, so there's kinda two or three areas where the tweaking occurs. Hard to capture all the fun on video.
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
The Puppeteer
Electribe Newbie

Postby TrondC on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 am

meow!

any suggestions for a decent camera to record with? I'd like to record some jams once in a while, including rehearsals for my liveset, but I don't have a camera... cheap and decent?
Techno/Dub/Ambient
-Monomachine/Machinedrum UW/Acidlab Bassline/KP3
-Korg Zero 4 mixer - Recordings in Reaper

http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/siesta-submarina
TrondC
EF Special Task Force

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:09 am

hmm well the problem with buying a camera is that you gotta find one that has at least ok video quality but is also able to record an incoming audio signal..... that usually makes it rather expensive...

An alternative could be to get one of those hd webcameras (their video quality is amazing) and use some sort of webcam recording software on a computer (which there are tons out there even free ones).

If being cabled to a computer isn't an option I'd definitely find something on amazon, they have dirt cheap prices for stuff like this especially if you buy it from other people new and not amazon itself.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby MagpieIndustries on Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:00 am

Ruso wrote:hmm well the problem with buying a camera is that you gotta find one that has at least ok video quality but is also able to record an incoming audio signal..... that usually makes it rather expensive...

Why not record the audio separately?
In the case of youtube, facebook and stickam at least, the video recorder/player is a flash plugin, which will access the video and audio as separate hardware devices (at least on my mac).. you don't need the audio going through the camera at all. Any crappy webcam will do cos the stickam quality itself isn't any better anyway.

If you are doing non-realtime video production, like HD video for vimeo etc you might want some fancier gear, but for live webcasts you can get away with cheap gear to start with.
MagpieIndustries
Knob Abuser

Postby neotechtonics on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:32 am

I've played out live over stickam.com before but I was just messing around DJing some stuff for about an hour. Tilted my laptop downwards to show my DJ controller (which unfortunately meant I had no idea what I was doing within virtual DJ so had to tip it back up now and then to cue up tracks) audio was separate from my controller outputs (has internal audio) into my laptop. had about 100 views in an hour and a few comments of positive feedback.. not too bad. This was while I was over in Austria and had free WIFI in my hotel with great bandwidth... unfortunately internet connections here in South Africa are slow and very expensive for anything good enough to stream live video... definitely thinking of doing it again but this time with my Electribes :mrgreen:

havent been back onto stickam in agessss but if anyone is curious my username is: donotwatchme
reverse psychology styles :bday:
neotechtonics: the study of recent underground movements and measurement of their local effects in order to develop techniques for predicting earthquakes
http://soundcloud.com/neotechtonics

EMX guru in training
neotechtonics
EF Special Task Force

Return to Live Performance