How to get best live sound w/ Korg EMX w/out PA

Talk about Electribe as well as other aspects of performing live.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: How to get best live sound w/ Korg EMX w/out PA

Postby BBox on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

BBox
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 am

If you can swing a pair of those, you'll be very, very happy!

Scott
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Toybeat on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:33 pm

When I play Live with my Electribes/KP3/Micron I always take with me my own mixer (A&H ZED 14), this way I have the control of the volumes since I send the mixer's main outs to the FOH. :hug:
EMX1,ESX1,KP3.
Toybeat
Electribe Newbie

Postby dandlyon on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 am

A bit late on this one as i just joined. I used to use a Roland Handsonic and was constantly dissapointed with the house mix on an instrument i know could sounds better. One thing i did was to get a small lets say 4-8 chanel mixer for me onstage. One can also loop outboard effects through it for flexibility, as well as control bass , mid, and highs in the overall mix. This workd sometimes but still reliant on the soundman for what i was hearing which usually sucked. So i broke down and bought the smaller Roland powered monitor for £200. It was cheaper than like say a mackie powered monitor and for me sounded better as it was made for drums...not guitar, keys, bass, or general PA usage. Cracking deal for the money and sounds BOMB with the Electribe!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Dandlyon
dandlyon
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:25 am

How big of a crowd are you entertaining. This sounds iffy to me man. I mean I'm not even at a point of my music career where I"m considering buying one but the bottom line is.. if you're making music, a PA system will be provided when you reach a certain level of production.

Do not get Berhinger speakers. They're shyte man. If your speakers are what you're communicating your music with then it has to be good (as a future investment). So don't skmp out on quality. And don't skimp out on quantity either, you are not gonna pull off a show with one speaker.

In fact to really have any good sound at all you need more bass then just regular PA speakers. I mean I have no idea what setting you're gonna play in but the bottom line is just about every sound system around in any club or on any stage is gonna be superior to yours so hearing your set might be a bit insignificant.

The last bit of advice here is the best. Get your music sounding crisp and clear on ALL sound systems, get invovled with a crew, and get booked for real shows.... before then, invest that grand of yours into your studio's monitoring setup and you will be set for life as a musician. PA is optional ;)

But once again tell us more about your music vision...
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Live Performance