How do you get to do your gigs?

Talk about Electribe as well as other aspects of performing live.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: How do you get to do your gigs?

Postby Yatmandu on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:10 am

I'm an amateur numerologist, and I just noticed that Ruso, you have 1111 posts, and TrondC has 333 posts...please don't post anything for a little while, to not spoil the number Karma that's happening here! :lol: :joker: j/k
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:40 am

Damn! You guys are taking me seriously? Got to admit, 1111 and 333 are pretty f**ing cool! rockin :rolling:
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Whoops forgot to not post :bat:

Actually no i didn't :-P I just didn't want to do it any more :gunz:

Well actually....

no....

I was just at work and totally didn't care about not posting :shakeno:
rockin
:lol:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby TrondC on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 am

ok, this is turning into something like my personal blog or whatever, but thought I'd share some nice news :)

I've been communicating with norways definately biggest and most important techno dj (Thomas Urv), who has 20 years of experience, played alongside EVERY top techno/minimal dj in the world. He said he really enjoyed my latest tracks, and was very interested in me doing a performance with him DJ'ing before, and his best bud (the second most important DJ in norway) after, as part of their club concept "Spøkelsestimen" ("the Ghost Hour") :joker: :joker: rockin :bat: :D

Then, I was contacted by the local Student TV station, who wanted me to do a quick interview. turns out the guy in charge is a guy I went to school with 7 years ago :)

now, I have been focusing on more club/dancefloor-oriented music since it seems that is the only music people are interested in around here, and it seems it's actually paying off!!!

I think I have a fair shot at making some lesser festivals this summer too, if they ever reply to my e-mails :)

happy clappy now :)
Techno/Dub/Ambient
-Monomachine/Machinedrum UW/Acidlab Bassline/KP3
-Korg Zero 4 mixer - Recordings in Reaper

http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/siesta-submarina
TrondC
EF Special Task Force

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:52 am

Congrats man, that's awesome :thumbs:
SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby SNFool on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am

Sounds like persistence paid off. Its good that you are willing to do some of the 'dance steps' in order to achieve what you love to do. Its been a philosophical debate in my head for years but now that I put it into practice I see that music is music is music.
SNFool
Knob Abuser

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

But I mean, the only real way to get gigs is to get good at making music... everything else will fall into place on it's own as the time comes. Sure you might have to come up with a franken-gig (ie highschool dance or art gallery) to get used to playing but REAL gigs will only come when you get at least somewhat good at not hurting people's ears.
:gunz:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby TrondC on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:01 am

...and the drama continiues ;)

went to the beforementioned first gig of the "Ghost Hour" concept on friday, whata talented guy! 3 decks, abusing the mixer like a jazz pianist on X and creating completely new musix out of 3 different tracks, without the use of a looper or any external fx.. I stopped dancing because I just had to watch what he was doing in there. frantic, to say the least, and they kept it going for 4 straight hours with fst, hypnotic and really hard techno music mixed with dark ambiences and textures. hypnotizing to say the least ;)

anyway, we chatted a bit before the gig, he was looking forward to getting something done, either with that concept or even with the techno label he and his friends are setting up... so either way, this is really big for me :) Then I talked to a local DJ who was making another, more generic concept for dance music, and he told me if I wanted to, they could make me do two 40 min gigs as part of their concept nights, warming up for a second act later on.

And I'm standing here thinking "wow, it actually did pay off, after 12 months of complete silence I am not contacting people, they are contacting me ;)

And just to top it off, the student radio techno-guys came to chat and said I'm very welcome to do a liveset as part of their weekly techno/dance music radio show :)

all I gotta say: DON'T GIVE UP!! persistence pays off! if this goes well I think I can try again with the resident dj's at the biggest/only club (where I had my first gig), as I know they would rather have acts that they know can move a dancefloor... :)

sorry for the me, me , me post here, but i am just too excited to just keep quiet ;)

any other nice stories from you guys? :D :bday: :joker: :-D :thumbs: rockin :morph: :ohshit: :D :lol: :) :P :bday: :spin: :rolling: :rofl:
Techno/Dub/Ambient

TrondC
EF Special Task Force

Postby Borg on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Oh, my goodness gracious. That is so cool! I don't know you but I am sooo happy for you! Scandinavia FTW! :D

EDIT: By the way, I checked out your Bandcamp site and I really dig what you do. But is it just me or are the kick drum in your tracks very klicky? There ain't no bottom there. Not in my headphones at least.
You'll find me at YouTube, Virb and Facebook
Gear - Korg ESX-1, Mini KP, Tapco Mix.60, MXL 990
Borg
Knob Abuser

Postby TrondC on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 pm

really? they boom like the armageddon in my headphones :p
Techno/Dub/Ambient