Idea for contest...

Moderator: Aciphecs

Idea for contest...

Postby hseiken on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 am

I finally got a new SM card for my ESX and downloaded the new factory presets and was pretty impressed by some of the patterns, which gave me an idea...

Anyone down for a 'Factory Default' battle? Rules would be you cannot resample anything, you must use only factory sounds that ship with the ESX. Entries could be just a pattern, a live performance or a full song-mode entry.

What you guys think? It would be neat to see how people could manipulate the ESX using only the defaults...might also make a rule that you can't have the guy saying "Put on your jackets cause here comes the lyric blizzard" in your entry. hahaha...

How bout it?
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Re: Idea for contest...

Postby hseiken on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 am

So 20 people looked at this thread and had nothing at all to say? Chickenshits.
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 pm

hseiken wrote:So 20 people looked at this thread and had nothing at all to say? Chickenshits.

:rolling: :rofl:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby adamitron on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 pm

yeah, i don't have a card reader for the smart media card, otherwise i might be down, but most people won't want to spend the time taking everything off there esx to put back on all the factory presets just to switch it back afterwards, the two sample thing is nice because you can still work on other projects while building up your contest entry.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby Unfolding Machines on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:53 am

adamitron wrote:yeah, i don't have a card reader for the smart media card, otherwise i might be down, but most people won't want to spend the time taking everything off there esx to put back on all the factory presets just to switch it back afterwards, the two sample thing is nice because you can still work on other projects while building up your contest entry.

You can batch load & save the contents of the ESX to the card pretty easily, go:
Global mode then shift+16
Next scroll right with the jog wheel to select the save all/load all option (or similar, I'm away from my ESX). If you save a new file, it'll write to the card effectively as a master of the last save state in the ESX. Meaning if you do this routinely you'll never lose anything.

You'll find that explained in depth on page 85 of the manual found here.

The save/load can be done in less than 5 minutes, its really easy.

It does help to have a card reader though, they're pretty cheap too. Picked mine up for about $15, it was well worth it.

Edit: Got so caught up answering Adamitron I forgot to say I'm up for the contest. Gotta find the dodgiest vocal clips in that set, downloading it from Korg now...
Unfolding Machines
Knob Fiddler

Return to Electribe-Forum Contest