Song Competition?

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: Song Competition?

Postby Aciphecs on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I actually have that Barry White track on CD :D What a classic!
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby Unfolding Machines on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:43 am

adamitron wrote:if noone else has sample choices, and i'm doing this right, i nominate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDuHAN6RAJQ bob james-night crawler, sample startes at 1:52 or so, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np5VvHx-1T4 barry white- im gonna love you just a little more baby, drum break starts at the start of the song. dont know if i am supposed to be clean them up and upload them, or if anyone is opposed to sampling youtube, not always the cleanest samples but on the same hand the esx isn't the cleanest sampler so i feel they go good together. and there is soooooo much classic vinyl out there on it.

Ah! Nice choices, doesn't matter that they've been sampled a thousand times before. If anything that makes it tighter trying to do something fresh.

Generally speaking it probably works a best to upload the samples as WAVs to a place like box.net (its good because it doesn't waste your time waiting to download and there aren't adds & pop-ups everywhere). That means that we all get samples at the same sound quality and you get to define the portions of the two songs that we use.

If we do go ahead with this comp, mind if I ask the deadline's after/about the 10th of March? I'm going to be out of town for the rest of this week.
Unfolding Machines
Knob Fiddler

Postby adamitron on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm

i'll see if i can get some cut down samples for these if no one objects to them, i don't really clean them up like that on my computer, i've been trying to use audacity but i can't get it for some reason (yet i've been trained on protools hd, maybe i just was away from the daw world for too long and forgot how to be smart:)) i have tomorrow off so i'll probably try and tackle it again.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby adamitron on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:13 pm

http://www.box.net/shared/72ehhx7mrt
samples.
the drums have a snippet of melody and the other sample has a snippet of drums. thought it might spice it up, unless its a problem with anyone. deadline, march 15th.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby Aciphecs on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:10 pm

When I click on the box.net link it states there are no files in the folder.
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby adamitron on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm

my bad, should be fixed now.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby Aciphecs on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Cool. Got 'em!
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby Unfolding Machines on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 am

Wow! Only 15 seconds of material to work with, this is like an SP1200 battle! Time to test some chops.
Unfolding Machines
Knob Fiddler

Postby adamitron on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:34 am

yeah, i haven't ever done one of these before so i didn't know what kinda stuff was the norm, just kinda picked some notorious hip hop samples cause, well, thats what i know.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby Aciphecs on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:19 pm

I've never either, but it seems like enough material. Like Unfolding said though, get my knife out and start slicing :twisted:
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

PreviousNext

Return to Electribe-Forum Contest