New Contest with Prize!

Moderator: Aciphecs

New Contest with Prize!

Postby adamitron on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 am

well, i waited for a new contest to pop up, but since there is only like three or four of use that actually submit for them (what the ehh rest of the forum?) i figured i'd just have to set a new one up. for starters, both these are going to come straight off youtube, which i have no problem sampling from, but if you want cleaner chopped up samples... make them yourself this is a sampling compatition after all! :lol: and since i am picking them, i decided to go for some... uhhh... classics? enjoy. i figure since people may have holiday stuff going, an extended time is called for, so entries are due on the 7th of the new year, then polling will begin. winner of this contest will get an esx themed shirt designed and printed by me (in house!with my bare hands!shipped to you!) the design of which will be up here in a couple of days when i am satisfied with it.

3:01-3:18 of "funky town"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuCTk2nPG8
2:40-2:52(end of the snare roll) of this version of "sweet caroline"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLPiYZrwAzU

*edit: rules and stuff.
only sounds lifted from those samples, multi-track recording allowed with basic level mixing (no extra plug-ins/outboard fx). song must be accompanied by a picture in which both mac and cheese and clog dancers are featured to qualify (photoshopping of any form allowed)
Last edited by adamitron on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Re: New Contest with Prize!

Postby Unfolding Machines on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:35 am

Cool! OK I'm in. Generous offer to include a shirt too!

But what's the rules- only use those portions from these two (completely cheesey) songs? Or can we add our own drums & extra samples etc?
Unfolding Machines
Knob Fiddler

Postby adamitron on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 am

ruled.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby Unfolding Machines on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 am

Hey! Dunno if the comp's still going ahead- got a bit distracted, just threw this piece together:
Focusing My Lasers
Unfolding Machines
Knob Fiddler

Postby adamitron on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 pm

baaaad assssssssss.
super dirty raw, i like it.
yeah, i didn't think anyone was interested in this round (maybe i picked some super cheeseball samples or something) but the esx shirt is still progressing on my drawing board and will be burned on a screen next time get that whole process started up. i've been playing with the samples a bit, but didn't ever record anything, next time i bust out my box i'll record a little funky caroline freestyle jammy jam jam.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Return to Electribe-Forum Contest