XXX ESX BATTLE #1 XXX

Moderator: Aciphecs

XXX ESX BATTLE #1 XXX

Postby timfromtexas on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:57 pm

samples posted even before i listened... picked at random from another sites battle listing

http://www.box.net/shared/968patak98

http://www.box.net/shared/hu4gxychzz

i will more than likely cut up the samples into smaller chunks on my computer due to sample times but all editing and sequencing will be done in the box.. the idea is to keep as much as possible in the box...

sorry if the samples suck...

so we will shoot OCTOBER 1st since its the first one?

i would like the times to be shorter than that but it already seems like people are asking for more time? remember youre only supposed to use the samples provided no other sounds should be used.. and if you do something wild and get some wild ass sound be ready to back it up with explanation on how you got there....
Last edited by timfromtexas on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

Re: XXX ESX BATTLE #1 XXX

Postby ultrasonyk on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:03 pm

does that mean the battle has just begun?
what is the file from the first link?
ultrasonyk
Electribe Newbie

Postby timfromtexas on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:06 pm

its apparently from an afex twin song.. a little on the slow side but ive got ideas already

its begun

remember there are no prizes or anything so there is no huge rush.. but its to push each other to make cool stuff
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Are both samples part of the battle? The first one is an mp3 of a piano-only tune. Not sure yet what the second one is yet, but hopefully there's some more variety and drum hits. Can I chop it up as I want outside of the ESX before importing?
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby timfromtexas on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:06 pm

read the post man

"
i will more than likely cut up the samples into smaller chunks on my computer due to sample times but all editing and sequencing will be done in the box.. the idea is to keep as much as possible in the box... "

yes both samples are to be used... in the previous post about the battles i said one of them is usually instrumentals/synth sounds and the second set should be all drums..

i just grabbed the stuff without hearing them first.. im pretty sure itll be manageable if not someone else can pick the samples but i tried to just post up something so it would be a challenge for everyone
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 pm

It's cool! I had a listen to the second zip and it's short drum hits or synth sounds. I plan to mangle the crap out of most of them anyway! :ohshit:
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby timfromtexas on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:48 pm

haha good...

looks like it may be you and i for now...

we will have a clash of sounds too.. i make hip hop acid jazz nerd rap boombap straight forward basic stuff...

thats the fun of these things though.. seeing how the next person flipped the stuff
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

Postby hseiken on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:38 am

What you guys talking about? I said I was in.

1 four-bar pattern, completely improvised. No resampling of anything...decided to keep it simple this time around. 1st take, and also my entry. Was going more for mood than complexity.

To view the player you must have Javascript turned on and have Flash Player 9 or better installed.

Enjoy.

p.s. sorry about the noise in the track. I forgot to turn down the input from the computer...that's how i moved the samples...played them on the computer then recorded what i wanted. If nothing else, it gives a weird 'character' to the tune...lol...look at me, talking up my mistakes! Hahaha
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Postby Yatmandu on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:37 am

Wow that was fast! I like what you came up with here, noise and all, gives it a lo-fi downtempo feel. Good job hseiken! Now, I need to go get me some beer to get the creative juices flowing tonight (but I better load up the ESX with samples while I'm sober first :bday: ).
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby hseiken on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:25 am

speed of track production a testament to the intuitive machine interface and focus on instant gratification rather than burying features. It's not the most powerful thing on the market by any means, but I swear, the music I hear on the electribes is just...more inventive when I hear it.
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Next

Return to Previous Contests