XXX ESX BATTLE #1 XXX

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: XXX ESX BATTLE #1 XXX

Postby Borg on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Listened to the samples now and boy, does my fingers itch! Unfortunately I don't have time to put down the amount of time into this project I would like to before the contest ends. But I'm hoping for more submissions! :)
You'll find me at YouTube, Virb and Facebook
Gear - Korg ESX-1, Mini KP, Tapco Mix.60, MXL 990
Borg
Knob Abuser

Postby Yatmandu on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Borg wrote:
Yatmandu wrote:Here's my entry called "payaner". Really mangled up version of the samples except the ending. Thanks bresk for saving me time with the normalize!

Well, it's mangled alright! I usually like those experimental bits, but this didn't feel right. I could hear you have a sense for detail, like that short reversed/forwarded synth part towards the middle. I liked that together with the percussion sounds.
And I think it's the lack of things happening in the rythm that throws me off a bit. There's no progress, and the small amount of progress this track does (does?) are done in such a weird and untimed way, so... yeah. It doesn't work out that well.

Where's all the other submissions? :geek:

Yeah, this tune was all over the map. Instead of focusing on a few good elements I kept changing stuff for better or worse. My stuff tends to be live experimentation mostly, and I don't like sweating over it much. I won't be quitting my day job 8-)
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby timfromtexas on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 am

sooo maybe we should extend the date since more people want to be involved???

i just sold my sp 404 last night so now i have to figure out how to get my stuff off my esx and onto my computer..i was using my 404 to do this before today.. . i will more than likely late posting to the beat battle i started... irony...
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Just got my esx back from repair yesterday, this is my first go with it (bought it used,it needed some fixing and a new slider,it took 9 weeks for the slider to be delivered :evil: )
Attachments
To view the player you must have Javascript turned on and have Flash Player 9 or better installed.

BattleSEX.mp3 [ 3.93 MiB | Viewed 3966 times ]

SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:30 pm

SkinnyWhiteBoy wrote:Just got my esx back from repair yesterday, this is my first go with it (bought it used,it needed some fixing and a new slider,it took 9 weeks for the slider to be delivered :evil: )

WOW, I thought I was mangling....THIS is mangling, lol. I love the raw industrial energy in this track. You couldn't get three more different sounding songs out of the same samples than these :lol: .
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 am

You definetely mangle, but maybe I mangle more :lol:
3 totally different tracks, cool 8-)
SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:49 am

If you were an Indian city, you'd be Mangalore! :lol:
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby SkinnyWhiteBoy on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:30 am

HA HA, right on :lol:
SkinnyWhiteBoy
Knob Fiddler

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:50 pm

You guys are doing very well on the competition. I gave the samples a listen and noticed how crappy they were and was intrigued to make a break beat track out of them.

Now am not submitting this track for the competition because I used ableton so it's unfair to the electribers. But.... I did only use the types of tools that the Electribe ESX has to offer. I only used reverb and delay for effects, and the entire track is composed from only the samples provided....

In fact the majority of the track uses nothing but the drum sampes. The bass line is a very very stretched out and resampled kick drum .

Enjoy! This was a really fun project... really got the creativity juices flowing.

:gunz:
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby timfromtexas on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:57 pm

hell yea

some one do another set? we'll do judging when more cats start posting,,, i'll get mine up this week...
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Contests