XXX ESX BATTLE #1 XXX

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: XXX ESX BATTLE #1 XXX

Postby Dj Pound on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:27 am

hseiken wrote:What you guys talking about? I said I was in.

1 four-bar pattern, completely improvised. No resampling of anything...decided to keep it simple this time around. 1st take, and also my entry. Was going more for mood than complexity.

To view the player you must have Javascript turned on and have Flash Player 9 or better installed.

Enjoy.

p.s. sorry about the noise in the track. I forgot to turn down the input from the computer...that's how i moved the samples...played them on the computer then recorded what i wanted. If nothing else, it gives a weird 'character' to the tune...lol...look at me, talking up my mistakes! Hahaha

That sounds great....nice and mellowed out.
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://titusandtheraindrops.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Dj Pound
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Just a quick note to anyone attempting to import some of the samples, they're not all 16 bit samples, some are 24 bit (and some are stereo, which is fine, unless you don't want to chew up two parts for these). The ESX can't import 24bit samples, so you'll need to convert them to 16 bits first. I've been chopping up all the ingredients with goldwave before I start cooking on the ESX. If anyone needs the converted versions, let me know and I'll put them up.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby timfromtexas on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Post em up holmes I haven't touched em... Do you use the esx organizer?
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 am

timfromtexas wrote:Post em up holmes I haven't touched em... Do you use the esx organizer?

I will use the organizer when I load them up into my ESX, but right now I've just been preparing the inputs on my PC using some audio editors/converters. I'm basically just chopping samples to smaller bits, converting 24 bit to 16 bit, mp3 to wav, or stereo to mono. Obviously no other operation like filtering or effects, because we need to do that on the ESX itself.

Here's an update of all the sounds in 16-bit mode, as well as mono versions of samples that are in stereo. And the large mp3 file is now in .wav format (and that's why the package is now 29MB).

I had trouble uploading it here (probably due to its size), so here's a link instead:

http://www.yatmandu.com/esx/ESX-Battle-1-16bit.zip
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby ultrasonyk on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 am

well..

the second zip contains samples which can't be read by the esx.
so i needed to decode the first to 16bit mono.

one sample is in mp3 format? i converted and decoded that one too.

i'm not sure if i'm the only person who discovered that problem?
ultrasonyk
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:27 am

I guess you skipped my posts....but yeah, I found out about this too. I created a new zip package with all wav/16-bit, and stereo or mono versions of the samples that are in stereo.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby ultrasonyk on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:27 am

Yatmandu wrote:I guess you skipped my posts...

well, after taking another look i discovered that now too :D

thanks for the conversion.
ultrasonyk
Electribe Newbie

Postby timfromtexas on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:31 am

i got all my stuff somewhat chopped and loaded tonight... trust me... its not helping me out at all being the one who posted samples... these suck.... meh... maybe ill come at it again tomorrow..
timfromtexas
Electribe Newbie

Postby donflop on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:26 pm

hey boys 'n gents.
i will try to do my best to join this competition this weekend, currently busy preparing 8new snippets for my upcoming 2gigs next week...so stay tuned....to be honest, didnt worked on the esx1 so far..so its gonna be fun ^^
donflop
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:21 pm

I loaded the chopped up samples and messed around with some patterns, but I realize now that the samples are all at different levels making this a little difficult. I'm going to normalize them all to the same level (with some headroom) and reload.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Contests