HELP, ER MKii lost data and gig is tomorrow :(

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

HELP, ER MKii lost data and gig is tomorrow :(

Postby imaknob on Thu May 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello,

I'm new here. Found this forum after encountering a very annoying error at an even more annoying timing.

I have a gig tomorrow for which I programmed 9 "song" sequences on the old Er-MKii as backing drums for a whole band to play with and occasionally tap tempo, twiddle with delay etc.
This afternoon I turned it on to play one of the songs and it played just one pattern (D.64) extremely fast, when I checked the tempo it said -1. NEGATIVE tempo and all 256 positions are filled with D.64.
The same happened to most of the songs saved there, and all of the ones I've worked on the past few weeks for this gig.
Fortunately the patterns are still there. Whenever I try to save to a song now it fails and and Er.2 message appears.

Is there a way to fix this? Is the whole thing screwed forever?

Of course it would be amazing to solve by tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. For now I'll just program sequences without saving them and record them to backing tracks, which is the much lamer but only remaining options for tomorrow I guess?

Any help much appreciated! :)
imaknob
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk