motion sequencing help

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

motion sequencing help

Postby shark4tea908 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:06 am

Ive have my tribe emx-1 for a little over a month now and getting to know the all the things i can do with it but im still really confused on the motion sequencing feature. ive read the manual's section on it but im still really baffled about what it does and how to use it, can someone help me please?!

THANKS
shark4tea908
shark4tea908
Electribe Newbie

Re: motion sequencing help

Postby Dj Pound on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:22 am

shark4tea908 wrote:Ive have my tribe emx-1 for a little over a month now and getting to know the all the things i can do with it but im still really confused on the motion sequencing feature. ive read the manual's section on it but im still really baffled about what it does and how to use it, can someone help me please?!

THANKS
shark4tea908

Motion sequencing is essentially the Electribes version of automation. This particular function can come in handy in various different ways i.e. such as volume fade-in's/fade outs, automated panning, automated filter sweeps/swells, triggering of the button functions (reverse, roll, FX send etc..), you can also automate the LFO mod. depth and speed settings. Those are just a few things that come to mind.
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://titusandtheraindrops.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Dj Pound
Knob Fiddler

Postby adamitron on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:32 pm

i think the easiest way to get what it does is doing a sequence for the volume on a keyboard part with a steady tone.
1)hit the motion seq. button so it lights the "smooth" light.
2)hit the record button and the play button at the same time.
3)change the volume on the keyboard track to 0 then back.
4)hit stop and then play.
5)listen.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby shark4tea908 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 am

thanks so much this has really helped
shark4tea908
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk