Possibly dumb question

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Possibly dumb question

Postby Khaddar on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:35 pm

Hello.

I just started really using my Electribe SX a couple of days ago. I find that it is an excellent piece of hardware. I do need help however.

Is it possible to use the "step sequencer" for the keyboard parts. The only way I know how to enter in a keyboard part is to "play it" live while recording. Obviously their is some difficulty as the sequencer needs to know which "note" is played(and duration), but if I have a pattern of a length of 8 and it has a great deal of syncopation, it can be near impossible for me to tap in the keyboard part. Simply using the step sequencer would be easier if their was some other method of specifying note & length and then simply drop it where I want.

Advice? If you don't understand the question I will try to clarify as this seems convoluted.
Khaddar
Electribe Newbie

Re: Possibly dumb question

Postby Khaddar on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Additionally, I did try and use the melody instrument in drum part, and it had not sustain and was just a stab, just thought I should add.
Khaddar
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 pm

sure is, look inside the manual there's a whole section for step editing. It's a bit of a pain in t he ass to use but once you get used to it it goes pretty quick
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Khaddar on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:40 pm

After seeing your post I followed your advice and checked my manual and you were right. Thanks for the guidance.
Khaddar
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:47 am

no probs, I'd walk you through myself but I don't have the device next to me.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Return to Technical Talk