How to erase event data in song mode?

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

How to erase event data in song mode?

Postby amoe on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 pm

On the ESX-1SD, how can I erase recorded motion data in Song mode? Once I record it, it stays forever. I tried to use Shift+Erase like the manual says, but it had no effect. Recorded part mute data stayed there, even though I was in the correct position in the song, and had the right part selected. (The manual mentions 'region' but it's not really clear what a region is, as you can't browse within the pattern in Song mode.)

I also tried to use Shift + Clear Motion but it had no effect either.

My problem is the same as this guy below, but the answer didn't work for me.
http://electribe-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2724
amoe
Electribe Newbie

Re: How to erase event data in song mode?

Postby LousyFacelift on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 am

Hi!
I think you need to keep the keys pressed for as long as you want to erase. If you want to erase mutes at the very start of a pattern you might have to select the previous position and let it play through. Just before the next pattern is reached press shift and erase, so that the mutes can be cleared.
LousyFacelift
Electribe Newbie

Postby nevadinova on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 am

So did this work out for you? For me it didn't and I'm still wondering how to get rid of those darn mutes/solos in song mode...
nevadinova
Electribe Newbie

Postby amoe on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:44 am

Gave me a nice excuse to get back to the ESX1 -- Actually this did work for me. My test procedure was, record a bunch of mutes in a 2 pattern song, play them back, they mute as expected. To clear them, I go to the position that I want to clear, press Record, then shift, then erase and press play while continuing to hold shift+erase for as long as you want cleared. I was really weirded out by the erratic behaviour that I just saw, then I realized that it was because I was sometimes pressing Erase first. You need to do a very distinct movement and press Shift first, then Erase, then continue to hold them.

I'm not sure if it works across patterns or not.

[edit: I was wrongly pressing Erase first, not Record. You should press Record, then Shift, then Erase, hold the last two, then Play.]
amoe
Electribe Newbie

Postby nevadinova on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Yay! That actually worked :) thank you very much
nevadinova
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk