ESX Arpeggiator and Effects Parameters do not function

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

ESX Arpeggiator and Effects Parameters do not function

Postby dumbnoise on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 am

Hello,

I recently became a proud owner of an electribe ESX SM. I got it for a really great price off of a guy on craigslist because he mentioned that the ribbon controller/arpeggiator and the effects parameters did not function. Everything else functions as it should. I can still send effects to samples, but I am unable to adjust the parameters. The only knobs that work are the main volume, tube drive, audio input level, the menu rotary knob and as well the effect selector rotary knob. Every other knob besides those do not seem to function once so ever. As well as the ribbon controller and the arpeggiator slide. But the push buttons seem to function properly.

Is the ribbon controller and the effects knobs somehow linked closely within the circuitry? Has anyone dealt with this issue before? I can still enjoy the electribe and get a lot of use out it regardless of this problem. But if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this issue, I'd be greatly appreciative! I wanna jam on the filters and adjust the effects and record motion adjustments to further maximize my enjoyment of this great machine!

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask me any further details in order to more accurately troubleshoot this issue.
dumbnoise
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk