Transposing?

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Transposing?

Postby CliffLothar on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 am

Is there a way to transpose a separate synth part and make it "stick", in other words hard transpose the data in the track?

Its kinda midboggling i have not found any way to do this outside of changing every single note by hand using the step edit
CliffLothar
Electribe Newbie

Re: Transposing?

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:49 pm

See page 24 in the manual. Here's a link to the manual topic here, too: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1666

Hope that helps!
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby CliffLothar on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 am

Thanks dude.. But what i want to do is transpose the data, not the entire sample. I guess its just not possible. Incredibly weird!
CliffLothar
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 am

Sorry - I thought that was what you were wanting. I guess I'm not understanding what you're doing then.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Hansibeutel on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:53 am

I think there is no convenient way of writing the transposition data to a track.

Accidentally I once had a midi cable patched from the IN to the OUT (or thru) and it recorded the transposition in a strange, kind of unpredictable way.
It's a shame it doesn't work right - on the Yamaha Rm1X you can transpose different parts, which makes up for interesting synth lines and so forth.

Greetings
Hansibeutel
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk