Sampling while sequence running

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Sampling while sequence running

Postby jdchevallier76 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi everyone. First post, and glad I found this forum!
In the past I've owned an ER-1 and EMX, but the new Electribe Sample 2 is my first Electribe sampler. The work flow has been, for the most, part easy and intuitive, but I'm stuck with one function---I haven't been able to determine if the box is capable of sampling an external synth that it is sequencing in real time. I've looked through the manual and did a forum search to no avail.
So just joined up here and hoping someone a bit more experienced with the Electribe samplers can answer a question I have around sampling with the new Electribe 2. In the past I've had an ER-1 and an EMX, but the new Electribe Sample 2 is my first Electribe sampler. The work flow has been, for the most part, easy and intuitive. That said, I have found myself a bit stuck with one function. I haven't been able to discern if the box is capable of even doing this, and I've looked through the manual and searched through prior post no avail.

I hope this makes sense. I'm a bit exhausted and noticed the insane amount of spelling and grammar errors on my post (which I've attempted to clean up via the edit function. I'm sure it's still a mess, all apologies.) So in an ideal scenario:

- Electribe runs a sequence, sending midi note data to an external synth
- The external synth responds producing audio, which is routed back to the inputs of the Electribe
- The Electribe samples a few bars real time.

Is this possible? And if so, would anyone be kind enough to explain the process?

THANK YOU!
Joel
jdchevallier76
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk