song mode midi program change help

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

song mode midi program change help

Postby archtype on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Hey y'all. So I'm trying to get my EMX1 to send midi messages to my setup (Elektron Machinedrum, Monologue, etc) to change to the next song as my emx1 changes to the next song in my set. pretty much i want my emx1 to progress through my set without me having to manually change song presets on my other machines. In the emx1 i have the NEXT SONG function in song mode set up to move to the next song each time, but it doesn't send midi telling the other machines to switch to the next song as well, cause it all to fall apart instantly. In the midi filter section i have everything set to open OOOO not XXXX. I'm pretty novice when it comes to midi implementation, so i don't know where to go to make it happen. anybody know how to do this? I'm sure its a simple midi option somewhere, but like i said i don't know my way around midi too well. thanks in advance, this will enable me to start playing shows if i can figure it out. much love!
archtype
Electribe Newbie

Re: song mode midi program change help

Postby Almra on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:43 pm

It is possible that there is no such command transission at all. Normally the midi signals are: Clock and Start/stop
Almra
Electribe Newbie

Re: song mode midi program change help

Postby archtype on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:35 am

bump for some help. theres gotta be a way for the electribe to send a "I'm changing the song now" message, right?
archtype
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk