How do I properly use step mode?

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

How do I properly use step mode?

Postby tim on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:56 am

Hi, first post here,

I love my EMX1 and messing with the step mode often brings up great results, but I feel like I'm just hitting and hoping.

I would really appreciate a few words to let me know if I'm missing something or not?

I often work with 8 bar patterns, and I just go through putting in notes and then listen back (I am aware of length, and repeat). Do most people have an idea of how it comes out in the end? Do you write down what you want beforehand? Do you just keep tweeking?(I personally would love to be able to play it while I input the notes, but I believe that isn't an option)

Would just love to hear how anyone came to properly utilize step mode, cos I've got a good feeling about it, but atm don't really use it too much. Got a lot of time this weekend to see if I can crack it. Cheers
tim
Electribe Newbie

Re: How do I properly use step mode?

Postby tim on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 am

I think I've realised the problem I was having was that I was trying to use it to create an arpeggio-style melody, when it is probably primarily intended for tidying up simpler patterns.
tim
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk