help with loading new samples

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

help with loading new samples

Postby NethertonAvenue on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:28 pm

This was my first sampler. Getting started was easy enough. I've loaded my samples onto an SD card and put them on the sampler. I used these samples for the set I was playing for a while now and it worked fine. But now that I'm trying to add to my set list I'm having issues.

First of all I'm pretty sure the memories full, even though i don't know how to check, so I'm sure that's creating some of the issues. Anyway, i take out my memory card and put it in my mac. I delete a few samples (that I no longer need) and I put some new samples in the folder on the SD card and put that back into the electribe and turn it on.

I go data utility>import sample and go into the corresponding file on the SD card, but none of the new samples are there but the samples I deleted are no longer on the SD card either (which is the first thing that made me think it was a memory issue). But when I press the pad with one of the now deleted samples, it still plays!

I've got a few gigs coming up really soon and just can't get my head around it. I might be wrong but it seems like samples are saved to the electribe and I feel like I need to delete some of them from the electribe to make room for more. But I don't know how, and I'm a little worried that I'll delete all of the patterns, and effects that I've put together over the last few months in the process of trying to sort this.

From what I've seen online it's probably something to do with the .all file but I don't really want to mess with that in case i delete all of the settings and things that I want to keep. Please help. I'm useless.
NethertonAvenue
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk