Would anyone be of benefit of an article?

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: Would anyone be of benefit of an article?

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:40 am

You REALLY should consider that as a top priority for gear... Live 7 is a TREMENDOUS step up from 6. Every aspect is a TON better and all the new instrument are a lot better.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby toxictobi on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:49 pm

You may be right Ruso. There are many improvements (such as multiple automation lanes which I was hoping to see in L6).
But for the moment I am really tired of blowing my money to a company
(with it´s crappy update politics) that doesn´t give a... to their custumers.
I mean I use Live since V2 and it´s really my fav. soft-seq(got rid of cubase sx though it has a much better sound than live) but why should I pay every year even if they only make small changes i.e. V5>V6 that could really have been implemented for free.
I mean Reaon V2. to V2.5 was free and Propellerheads included a great synth and more,
that is what I call a good custumer service!!!
Anyway, it´s 2008 now and before Live7 will be finished(working stable)there will be LiveAID!
Actuallly, I hope they quit their politics to update every year! :gunz:
toxictobi
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:43 pm

well to be honest tho the step up from 5 to 6 was big. The simple ability to make racks has turned a basic sequencer into something with virtually unlimited possibilities.

now the switch from 6 to 7 is a different story. It's huge. The sound engine is as good as cubase. The Drum racks make the program greater exponentially. It might seem like a small feature but the amount of work it takes to put something like that together and the opportunities it opens up in the music world are so big, it's worth calling it a new version... and it is worth paying for. On top of that prices to upgrade are fair.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby SherwinBoshi on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:47 pm

looking forward to this. also would be interested in learning techniques for using ableton with electribes.
SherwinBoshi
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:21 am

Sorry it has taken me so long, to be honest I have not even started this yet. The good news is that I started work on http://abletonpa.com which is where the articles will go. I've been really busy lately, and my girlfriend is about to move out half way across the state so it's gonna make things interesting however I will have more time to work on things like this.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Justinhatesyou123 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:49 pm

yahhh
its quite late

but best of luck with the girlie!
Justinhatesyou123
Electribe Newbie

Previous

Return to Technical Talk