Electribe MX to Micro X

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Electribe MX to Micro X

Postby afeldmanb on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm

HELLO
i am glad to find this forum
i am conecting 2 machines here, the electribe mx, and the synth micro x.
i conect midi out electribe to midi in micro x
with that i can:
1.- link clock
2.- use the sounds of micro x on electribe

my question is

a.- i can only use the key number 1 of electribe to play the micro x, how i use the other keys (2, 3, 4, 5)
b.- also when i want to record the sound of micro x on the electribe, i must touch the keys of electribe, ..
how can i do for :
play a key on the micro x and that record the electribe? (not record but use the sound)
how i do that for the rest of the 5 keys of electribe?

in resume, i want to play a key on the micro x, that sound sequence the electribe , and do it for the 5 synth keys of electribe.
in other words, i want to play, la fa sol do in micro x with sound "oH" that sequence the electribe.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,!
afeldmanb
Electribe Newbie

Re: Electribe MX to Micro X

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Hey man, welcome aboard.....

First of all it's kind of hard to understand exactly what you're trying to do but I'll do my best...

The 5 different synth parts on the electribe play on different MIDI CHANNGELS.... so when you play on part 1 it is sending midi data on channel 1.... so on.

As I understand you are trying to have the different parts of the electribe trigger different timbres on the micro x..... this should be possible.... you should be able to change a setting to set the timbre to listen to a specific midi channel.

I've never owned one but I understand that you can have up to 4 timbres on the micro-x (4 different sounds in 1 program) so you should be able to change their midi channels (read the manual).

Now the part I had trouble understanding... you want to play the keyboard on the micro-x and have the MIDI NOTE data be recorded into the electribe... right?
Easy, take midi out from micro-x... plug it into electribe midi in.

If you mean that you want to actually record the sound the microx makes, it's impossible... emx is not a sampler.

Good luck! And welcome aboard!
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Re: Electribe MX to Micro X

Postby afeldmanb on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:12 am

hey!
Thanks for your reply, i definetly will work in the part of the midi chanels, i think there i have to modify to make the micro x send all 4 sounds to electribe diferent chanels, so electribe can sequence the sounds of micro x.

Thanks !! :thumbs:
afeldmanb
Electribe Newbie

Return to Technical Talk