songmode synth melody event recording question

Ask and discuss about how to work with electribes. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Moderator: Aciphecs

songmode synth melody event recording question

Postby phloxrocks on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:59 am

im figuring out songmode musicmaking through experimentation. and now i have a question. i enjoy how i can record knobtweeks during song playback. i also enjoy adding some synth as well.
but what do i do when i make a mistake while im entering notes? theres no way to view the note-entering events (for example, when you play they keyboard synth part in pattern mode, it shows you in the step lights where the notes are, but when you play in song mode this does not happen). i try to just record over the mistake, but those mistake notes still play. my only way of working with this is re-loading the song (without saving) and starting all over from the beginning just to fix a mistake made in the middle. and if i happen to save the song and then realize later i made a mistake, i have to program a new identical song (same pattern progression, but without the events i added) and start again. is this how it works? does this make sense?
thank you.
phloxrocks
Knob Abuser

Re: songmode synth melody event recording question

Postby Dj Pound on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

You have to activate record and play when your playing back a sequence in song mode to be able to delete any knob tweeks or data input you may of recorded previously. Once youve done that, you can hold down the shift button while simultaneously holding down the pad of the part (or twisting the knob)that you want to delete, and the ESX will delete that data.

Hope that helps!
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://titusandtheraindrops.tumblr.com/

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Dj Pound
Knob Fiddler

Return to Technical Talk