ESX track "Bumbaclacid"

Post music created by the members of this community.

Moderator: Aciphecs

ESX track "Bumbaclacid"

Postby Yatmandu on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:07 am

Hey, here's an ESX only track I meant to enter in the 3/3 minimal progression, but I broke some of the pattern rules with it and restarted with an EMX track instead. The 303 sound is just a loop in a stretch part that I messed with using the filters. Again, I'm new to all this, and the end result is quite the muddy mess, so I'd appreciate any tips from any of you.

I have my tribes going into a Novation X-station USB audio i/f to my laptop where I record everything, but it always sounds kind of boomy/muddy. I don't really have any other audio i/f, but I guess it's mostly the parts/sounds I use that end up sounding "boomy".
Attachments
To view the player you must have Javascript turned on and have Flash Player 9 or better installed.

bumbaclacid.mp3 [ 6.81 MiB | Viewed 2895 times ]

Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Re: ESX track "Bumbaclacid"

Postby James H on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:06 am

i liked it. some nice use of the delays. the chords near the end threw me off a bit, they don't sound in key. as for the muddy tone, well the ESX has always sounded a bit flat to me, but then i never did try changing the tubes (which apparently improves the sound).
James H
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks for the comments James. I've got JJ tubes on my ESX, and I went to arout 11 o'clock on the dial with the tubes. I'll tell you this, I remember how distorted the original tubes were compared to the JJ's -- it's night and day. I could barely go past 9 on the old tubes.

I think the boomy/muddiness is simply my choice of sounds as well as all the effects I had going. Like I said, I'm kind of new to this and also kind of heavy handed with the FX (because it's so much fun after all). But I think I'll try toning it down a bit for new tunes.

As for the chords at the end, I have no idea why I added those -- I guess I hate the thought of only one concept in a tune, so I threw them in there..lol, bad idea!
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby greenborder on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:24 am

Nice work I have to say, I quite like that acid line! I wouldn't say it is too muddy, you might want to look into Ruso's post about getting cleaner sounds out of your ESX, if you haven't done so already.

Keep it up!
greenborder
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:10 am

Hey thanks. I've been reading Ruso's articles on production. I'm kind of re-arranging my home studio since I purchased a proper USB audiocard with multiple inpuits (picked up the Edirol UA-101). Stayed away from firewire because my laptop doesn't have any ports. I should have some new tracks in a while. I listened to your tunes on Myspace. Very nice vibe you have going, greenborder.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby Mateus on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:14 am

nice minimalistic sounds!
Mateus
Knob Fiddler

Postby Yatmandu on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Thanks Mateus! I'll be striving for more minimalist sounds in my next tunes...when I get some time to work on them (too much stuff going on right now, wish I had free time :| )
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Return to Electribe-Forum Music