Green Border - Song for Primo

Post music created by the members of this community.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Green Border - Song for Primo

Postby greenborder on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:29 am

Hi all,

I've had the time to upload a new track to myspace - now that they fixed it. It's a rather melancholic song made for my dog that passed away recently.

The song was made entirely on the ESX using stock samples (I really need to get hold of a SmartMedia card soon ;)).

http://myspace.com/greenborder

Feedback is appreciated, hope you like it.
greenborder
Electribe Newbie

Re: Green Border - Song for Primo

Postby TrondC on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:23 am

listening to "Mars Mellow" now, really cool Boards of Canada-feel with the pitch-modulated guitar sample :) some very cool rythmic construction too :) really like the small breaks here and there. "Song for Primo" is quite similar, in that BoC-kind of way :) you should get some string samples in there as well, and you're on par with what I remember from the "campfire heaphase" album :) you certainly know how to get the most use of your ESX :thumbs:

sorry about your dog
Techno/Dub/Ambient
-Monomachine/Machinedrum UW/Acidlab Bassline/KP3
-Korg Zero 4 mixer - Recordings in Reaper

http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/siesta-submarina
TrondC
EF Special Task Force

Postby Yatmandu on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:59 am

Definite melancholy BoC vibe to this song, Greenborder. It's a nice tribute to your dog. All on ESX? Nice work!

I enjoyed Mr. Orange as well -- it reminds me of some old Interchill ambient stuff I used to listen to.
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Postby greenborder on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:28 am

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It was indeed inspired by Boards of Canada, good listen :)

Yatmandu, can I listen to your creations somewhere?

Cheers,
Jop
greenborder
Electribe Newbie

Postby greenborder on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 am

Yatmandu wrote:Definite melancholy BoC vibe to this song, Greenborder. It's a nice tribute to your dog. All on ESX? Nice work!

I enjoyed Mr. Orange as well -- it reminds me of some old Interchill ambient stuff I used to listen to.

Btw indeed, all on ESX. Mr. Orange was made entirely using softsynths in Logic, and a little KP3 action.

Thanks again for listening.
greenborder
Electribe Newbie

Postby Yatmandu on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 am

greenborder wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It was indeed inspired by Boards of Canada, good listen :)

Yatmandu, can I listen to your creations somewhere?

Cheers,
Jop

I've only got two so far, both on here at electribe-forums, but I've just finished setting up a recording system with an audio i/f that handles more than 1 stereo in, so I'll have some more tunes coming over the next months. What I have up to now are a lot of Electribe patterns/loops, but not songs :oops: .
Yatmandu
Knob Fiddler

Return to Electribe-Forum Music