Rock Jam

Share YouTube and other videos about Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Rock Jam

Postby Aciphecs on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 am

Hey all! Took off work yesterday and got a chance to get some music time in, I've been crazy busy trying to finish this semester :evil: I was inspired by Sauce's latest jam with the guitar. Well, I don't own a guitar and have no way to live loop as he does (yet) so I just threw a riff into the ESX and did best with what I could. Here's a little jam that came from it. I hooked my CD table and miniKP back up, the mini PS was being dodgy so I had to fix her up. I've been concentrating on my new synth, so this was fun to go back to the sample mangling. Hope you like it, was fun for me :D

Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Re: Rock Jam

Postby Hazabikit on Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Nice! That's a great jam you've got going there.
Hazabikit
Hazabikit
Electribe Newbie

Postby Aciphecs on Tue May 10, 2011 6:43 am

Thanks! We got this one recorded last night, it's a lot better with 80's rock screams and classic rock scratched in :twisted: Keep an eye out, it'll be posted today or tomorrow.
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 pm

This came together nicely. Definitely a fun watch.

shyte dude get a sampler! :-P lol That looks painful! That is what you're doing on your cdj right? (when it's not turning)
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Aciphecs on Thu May 19, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks Ruso, this is definitely a fun one to jam too!

Yea I use the cd table as almost a sampler, using it's hot (loop) points as sample triggers almost. I do have the ESX for sampling, but I like to use cds for long samples that take up too much room on the 'tribe- speeches, accapella singing\rapping (used in this track) long piano\guitar\ethnic samples. I know it looks like a lot of work, and sometimes it is, but I like to keep busy and keep my hand moving :D
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu May 19, 2011 8:41 am

Aciphecs wrote:Thanks Ruso, this is definitely a fun one to jam too!

Yea I use the cd table as almost a sampler, using it's hot (loop) points as sample triggers almost. I do have the ESX for sampling, but I like to use cds for long samples that take up too much room on the 'tribe- speeches, accapella singing\rapping (used in this track) long piano\guitar\ethnic samples. I know it looks like a lot of work, and sometimes it is, but I like to keep busy and keep my hand moving :D

I know you got an ESX :) I mean something like an sp 404. That does long samples nicely and has pretty fun fx to keep your hands busy. It just looks like you are having to do twice the button precess to get anything done :)
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby Aciphecs on Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 am

Yea I have actually thought about the 404, my bandmate has one. Right now it's not in the budget, I spent a fraction of my tax money on my new synth so I'm pretty much done buying gear for awhile :(

I was going to replace the cdj instead with something more practical but decided to keep it and get the synth. Plus I've been practicing my scratching and different turntablism techniques, so I'm getting more use out of it now.
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby Dr Feelgood on Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 am

Haha..love it man, nothing like some classic rock guitar samples :) . This was fun to listen to and also fun to watch. :thumbs:
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Korg Microstation
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

https://soundcloud.com/feelgood79
https://soundcloud.com/holographic-dreams-1
Dr Feelgood
Master Tribe Wizard

Postby Aciphecs on Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 am

Hey thanks. This was the first time I really used any rock guitar samples in a track, lots of fun! This one gets people going too, played it at a show on Friday and had a couple people look like they were gonna start moshing :twisted:
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Return to Electribe Video