How to stop making hundreds of unfinished music projects.

Read and write articles, faq's, tips/tricks, tutorials and other forms of helpful information about Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

How to stop making hundreds of unfinished music projects.

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Hey everyone here's an article that might put some light into the very common problem that a big portion of musicians face when they are starting out (and some continue this process for years). It contains some knowledge which will allow you to spend more time enjoying music production and more importantly will speed up your production times and train your ear. Hope you enjoy!

http://audio-ruso.com/Blog/blog1.php/ho ... g-hundreds
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Re: How to stop making hundreds of unfinished music projects.

Postby sauce on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:37 am

Good information; thanks :)
sauce
Knob Fiddler

Postby adamitron on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 pm

awesome article, totally the rut i have been stuck in for like the last year and a half, pretty much since i started getting more into crafting my own samples (and what the esx can and cant do) then just sequencing stock sounds or drum kits off the internetz.
once again i have to thank you ruso for not only the space to exchange these ideas but the ideas you bring to the table as well.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby Aciphecs on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10 am

Great article, I really like the statement at the end..

"Go pick one and instead of trying to fix it, use the elements it contains to turn it into something else. I will bet you this alone will be enough to get you started on engraving this methology into your everyday musical production.

I have been doing this lately, going back to those unfinished "idea" tracks and turning them into finished tracks. Changing a drum pattern, part sound or whatever it takes. Some are years old that I forgot were even there, brought back to life :D
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Re: How to stop making hundreds of unfinished music projects

Postby Dr Feelgood on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:25 pm

This is valuable key info. Thanks for sharing this with us Ruso!! I'm gonna print this off ASAP as soon as I get another print cartridge. :thumbs:
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Korg Microstation
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://soundcloud.com/dr-feelgood
Dr Feelgood
Master Tribe Wizard

Return to Articles And Tutorials