buttons on your Electribe not very responsive? read on...

Read and write articles, faq's, tips/tricks, tutorials and other forms of helpful information about Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: buttons on your Electribe not very responsive? read on...

Postby joeym on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks for sharing this info. My EMX is still pretty new so no button issues with that but...like you stated this product will work perfectly for other things like remotes, etc.

I am happy to see a product exists that will deal with this type of issue. Thanks again for sharing!!

joey
joeym
Electribe Newbie

Postby musik_x on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:46 am

Not sure why this happens on my ESX-1 but my Resonance Rotary has a MIDI response issue. When I twist it clockwise from 0 to 127, it should read 127 when fully turned up but instead the display may state a random level number, this can be around about 90 or 117 or 116 etc...

Also if I leave the the resonance rotary on a random level, example: half way at about 63, then sometimes the resonance on the ESX display goes a bit eratic and starts changing in increments like it was moving it's self. First the level of the resonance display could be 63 then go up to 64/65 then back to 63 maybe 62/61 and so on.

Does anyone know if I need a replacement something or maybe a simple fix?
musik_x
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:09 pm

I don't have an ESX, but the first thing I would do is spray contact cleaner into the pot - get the dirt out of it. If that doesn't work, replace it.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Re: buttons on your Electribe not very responsive? read on..

Postby wzrd on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:15 am

Thanks to this thread my ESX taking a shyte on me was way less shyttey than it would've been otherwise, cheers!
wzrd
Electribe Newbie

Postby killedaway on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:03 am

wzrd wrote:Thanks to this thread my ESX taking a shyte on me was way less shyttey than it would've been otherwise, cheers!

I'm pleased to see this thread still coming in handy for folks. Congrats on the fix! :thumbs:
ESX, EMX, EM-1, ERmkII, EA-1, EAmkII, microKORG
FR Revolution
elektron SFX-60mkII
MPC500
Yamaha CS01
& more!
killedaway
Electribe Newbie

Postby JDSY on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:33 pm

thanks for posting this issue. I was quite upset when I discovered my ESX had this problem... and I was very happy to find you had found a fix. Thanks!
JDSY
Electribe Newbie

Postby acemonvw on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 am

I really hope this does the trick!

I just bought mine from Guitar center (they sold it to me for $150 because some of the buttons were "hard to press"). Indeed they are, but if this is all it takes to fix them, then this will be very awesome!

If this doesn't end up working, then my next thing to try is this:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 0b119bdddf
acemonvw
Electribe Newbie

Postby JDSY on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm

has anyone had the problem of a button flickering? my part mute button is doing this. It doesn't mute or unmute anything thankfully, but it is visually distracting to see the part buttons flash on randomly, while the screen is taken over.

I have applied caikote 44 to all the appropiate parts recently. I just worry of this becoming a problem when (and if) performing live.
JDSY
Electribe Newbie

Postby CliffLothar on Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:33 am

Poor mans version of this is just to use a normal graphite pen.. Clean, then draw back and forth and then bobs your uncle.
CliffLothar
Electribe Newbie

Previous

Return to Articles And Tutorials