Interesting drums tutorial

Read and write articles, faq's, tips/tricks, tutorials and other forms of helpful information about Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Interesting drums tutorial

Postby hseiken on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 pm

To view the player you must have Javascript turned on and have Flash Player 9 or better installed.

Audio tutorial. :) Thanks to Dan Kerr for showing that you can resample while you switch samples without which this technique would have never been thought of.
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Re: Interesting drums tutorial

Postby adamitron on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 am

Awesome. Thanks for another badass tutorial. When i still had my microkorg i would play the same way with the dwgs setting and a hefty delay.
adamitron
Knob Fiddler

Postby DJCactus on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:35 pm

super useful, thanks dude.
DJCactus
Electribe Newbie

Postby neotechtonics on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:42 am

that was pretty fckn epic! I think I've just decided to get an ESX :roll:
neotechtonics: the study of recent underground movements and measurement of their local effects in order to develop techniques for predicting earthquakes
http://soundcloud.com/neotechtonics

EMX guru in training
neotechtonics
EF Special Task Force

Postby sauce on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 pm

hseiken wrote:How to make badass drums, without even trying!

The "without even trying" part is what I really aim for. Slick tutorial! I am tempted to rip the audio from your tutorial, slap it on a still picture featuring your SoundCloud info, and upload it to my YouTube channel. ..but with the language (which I am not judging you for), and considering my largely Christian audience, this is impossible. =)
http://SnowMetal.org for music, tutorials, news, sample-packs and tutorials.
sauce
Knob Fiddler

Postby hseiken on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

sauce wrote:
hseiken wrote:How to make badass drums, without even trying!

The "without even trying" part is what I really aim for. Slick tutorial! I am tempted to rip the audio from your tutorial, slap it on a still picture featuring your SoundCloud info, and upload it to my YouTube channel. ..but with the language (which I am not judging you for), and considering my largely Christian audience, this is impossible. =)

Hah, I'm not much of a public speaker but you could always backward-mask the cursing. None of the words masked are necessary. You could always do it like a really cheesy 'corrected and updated video' where some guy randomly is overdubs 'July' on an actress clearly saying 'November', etc.

Or you could make your own version. I mean, it's your technique, I just applied it to drum resampling. :) It's all ESX info, it doesn't really matter who delivers it, imo, just that it's out there for people.
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Postby zorn on Tue May 13, 2014 7:30 am

"Error loading MP3"

Could you repost the tutorial?

Thanks a lot!!

zorn
zorn
Electribe Newbie

Return to Articles And Tutorials