Carrying case for Electribe

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Carrying case for Electribe

Postby RaverWild on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:10 am

Hi Guys,

I finally got my ESX-1SD, so now I am one of you :)

So far so good! But I got this problem, I cannot leave it out of the box all the day, as I don't have space to leave it on the table.

In other side, the original Electribe box is not very convenient for me. I saw sometimes DJs are using some carrying cases for their equipment. I was wondering if something useful exists for Electribe - metal body with soft material inside. Something I could use to carry my Electribe in the subway without much to worry about hits.

I was thinking of putting it in a backpack, but even the laptop ones I am not sure how it would fit, as I am aware of not being to good to protect the knobs and all on the front panel.

What are you using? What could you recommend?

Thanks!

PS: I am in Canada, so if the thing could be bought from a local website would be best.
RaverWild
Electribe Newbie

Re: Carrying case for Electribe

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:50 am

My EMX goes in suitcase when it travels. I'd suggest you look ar briefcases and then cut some foam rubber for a snugger fit. Cheap and effective!
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby dubathonic on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:45 am

Check out Pelican cases, they're great for groovebox gear.
EMX, MachineDrum, Octatrack, KP3, Behringer FCB-1010, Taylor T5
http://dubathonic.bandcamp.com/
dubathonic
Knob Fiddler

Postby bresk on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 am

yow duba those are the best cases I have ever seen !!! :thumbs:
ESX - EA1.mk2 - M1r - KP2 - KP3
bresk
Knob Fiddler

Postby oobs on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 am

My ESX-1SD fits almost exactly inside my old laptop bag.
I also use to wrap it inside a soft plastic sheet because I think my laptop bag isn't really waterproof.

That's enough to bring it around safely, but probably not enough should the bag fall to ground - or should something heavy fall over it. A more resistant box would be needed for that - you may find it for cheap in your hardware store.
Plaese be pashient aboot mai Engilhs
oobs
Electribe Newbie

Postby Aciphecs on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:02 am

I used to use a padded projector case. Worked great and was sturdy as hell :twisted:
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

I have found another one!

Postby RaverWild on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all replies, but today accidentally found another solution.

(I am in Canada now) So today went to Long & McQuade (local music store chain) to get some cables. Decided to look around, in case I see something interesting. Saw some cases and just on the way out decided to ask the teller, if they have an Electribe-size case. And guess what - yep!

I was almost ready to spend 100.00$ for a PelicanCase, and the case I got is half the price! True - maybe not the best case - will not protect against moisture, but I was looking mostly for shock-protection, for which it seems ok.

So this is ZebraCase, a Canadian manufacturer http://www.zebracase.com, model is Z17, costed me 54.00$ CAD

Please note - there are 3 foam layers for shock protection - the top one protects the machine's front panel, the bottom one is a bottom protection, the middle one was very precisely cut into squares. The idea is you don't need to cut a nest for the machine yourself, you just remove the foam squares - the much you need to fit the machine in their place. So in 1 minute you're done and you can place your Electribe inside (you can see the removed excess foam next to the case, on picture1). Also note - no locks. Just blocking mechanisms (picture 2), so the case won't open and for this purpose they are fine enough. But it is not convenient if you want to travel abroad. Also note - no moisture protection - the case lids close, but not firmly enough. Unlike PelicanCases - there is no strap, but if you're looking just for a shock-protection or a solution to carry it around the city - the case does the job.

As you can see from the pictures - my Electribe fits perfectly. I feel satisfied for now.

Thanks again for all proposals! Hope I helped as well.

Yamaha DTXPLORER, Yamaha MM6, Korg ESX-1SD, Akai XR-20, Roland SP-404SX

My links: Youtube channel, SoundCloud profile, Facebook profile
RaverWild
Electribe Newbie

Postby Aciphecs on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:04 am

Nice! That case looks solid.

On a side note: I don't know if Korg changed the red on the ESX, but your's looks a lot deeper than mine did. Mine almost looked pink compared to yours, that's why I stripped it to bare aluminum :D
Aciphecs
EF Special Task Force

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 am

Looks very nice!

OT: I've seen variations in color between machines, too. My old EMX wasn't as deep blue as my new one is. Interesting ...
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby farahshah789 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:15 am

It's fantastic news!
I suggest to use pelican cases they fit on your demand.
farahshah789
Electribe Newbie

Return to General Discussion