Any way to program midi note # received?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Any way to program midi note # received?

Postby coloring pad on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Is there a way to change the midi note received by the electribes? I am using the midi signal from a roland handsonic from my partner in crime, and am having to change all the midi note sends on the handsonic to trigger my device. If any of you have dealt with the insanity that is dealing with roland scroll menus, you will know why I am asking.

Thank you for your help in advance!

coloring pad
http://www.coloringpad.blogspot.com
æther generator
radiate sky
++0+
coloring pad
Electribe Newbie

Re: Any way to program midi note # received?

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:30 pm

There is unfortunately no way for the electribe to change the incoming midi data before reacting to it if that's what you're asking
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby gotBASS on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 pm

I know it's possible to change the assigned cc numbers for each dial. i've only used this when sending midi data from my emx tho.

However... i'm pretty sure it's possible to change the midi note which triggers each drum part, on the emx at least. Obviously not the synth parts of course. Hope that helps some. Which lectribe are you running and what parts are you having trouble triggering with midi?
Equipment List:
Laptop (Vista Home Premium) - Reaper DAW Program - Yamaha AW1600 Digital Multitrack Recorder - Alesis SR-16 Midi Drum Module - Yamaha DJX-IIb - Electribe EMX - Nintendo DS (with Homebrew Cartridge) - Warwick Corvette $$ 5-string - Laney RBW 200 Bass Amp - Various Guitar/Bass Pedals - M Audio Oxygen 8 v2 Midi Keyboard
gotBASS
Knob Abuser

Postby coloring pad on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:28 am

So I am sending the midi out from a roland handsonic into the esx: the problem being that the notes the esx receives in the "part" area are around the B:0, A:-1 range (not official here... the list is in my studio).. in order to have the handsonic trigger this machine, I have had to go into the handsonic, menu by excruciating menu, and change the midi note each pad sends... I think Ruso is right (as per usual,) but occasionally this forum provides me with a surprise. I was trying to change the midi note received and recognized for each sample part in the electribe... then, when my partner in crime changes patches mid live set on his handsonic, the integrity of what I am doing to his midi signal remains intact.

http://www.coloringpad.blogspot.com
aether generator
coloring pad
Electribe Newbie

Return to General Discussion