Would it make sence...?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Would it make sence...?

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:53 am

I had to look into the database for the uploads a while ago and an idea crossed my mind... I honestly don't think it would be that exciting but it might be sort of interesting...

All of our attachments are stored in a database... it would be almost too easy to make a little script that pulls up all the mp3's and puts them on one page and organizes them by author name.... we could have sort of a music section organized by artist and it would be super easy to get the new player involved...

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea (more importantly if you think this is a REALLY good idea and that this website would really benefit from it)... if so I might look into investing a little bit of time into it!
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Re: Would it make sence...?

Postby hseiken on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:21 am

Yes. However, tags must be added, I think, to diferentiate between pure electribe tracks and tracks that use electribe with other gear (might have to read the posts they came from). I know you don't even use one anymore, so your tracks to visitors may seem like, "HOLY CRAP, AN ELECTRIBE DID THAT?" but it would be a false assumption, though I don't think they'd mistake the reverbs in your tunes as electribe reverbs...lol (god, what was korg THINKING?!).
GEAR: ESX, Micron, KP3, Kaossilator, ER-1mk2, Xenyx 801, VS880, US-122
hseiken

Re: Would it make sence...?

Postby Earthworm on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Yeah, personally I think thats a super-awesome idea
Earthworm
Electribe Newbie

Return to General Discussion