What Electribes have you got?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: What Electribes have you got?

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:35 pm

hey welcome aboard bro, hope you will like the stay. We are a new community just starting to grow.

The esx is a perfect companion to the emx and there are several people here who use electribes to make tracks, check out the electribe music section.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby shugsy on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Thanks for the reply and welcome mate.

Yep have been listening to some of the tracks tonight which are cool.

I might check out the esx at some point then :thumbs:

Will now go read more :ugeek:
shugsy
Electribe Newbie

Postby StellarJay[aka Ruso] on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:59 pm

word of advice before you get another piece of gear.... learn the emx top to botton and inside out before you even consider the next piece of gear. Trust me it will save you days of learning.
StellarJay[aka Ruso]
Site Admin

Postby The Puppeteer on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Guess I should participate here too.

We've got an EMX1, an ER1 and an EA1 Mk2, for our electribe complement. All get used and abused, and we would like to get a second EMX1 at some stage.
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
The Puppeteer
Electribe Newbie

Postby shugsy on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:19 pm

So they all work together well and give you a nice selection of sounds to tweak?

I've only ever known the MX I never owned or played with the other electribes. That's why
I'm curious about the other units and what they can do compared to my MX. :)

I hooked up the Mx to my Future Retro Revolution and both units together made messing about a whole load of fun. It's like the future of new acid or something :o
shugsy
Electribe Newbie

Postby The Puppeteer on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Yeah, they all work well together. We normally hook up a TR-909 into the mix as well for extra drums.

Both myself and my bandmate Jamie tweak two machines on the fly. I have the 909 and the EMX, and Jamie has the ER1 and EA1 Mk2.

The ER1 makes some amazing drum sounds. Much better than the samples available on the EMX. You can dedicate synth parts on the EMX to do the same thing, but then you are wasting one of those valuable synth voices. We'll probably upgrade the ER1 to the Mk2 version at some stage. The one we've got has seen a lot of action and is looking a little the worse for wear. I'm not sure how many more times we can solder the power plug back onto the main board...

The EA1 gives us some more synth parts that we normally send through some stomp boxes or something else to cruch up the sound.

It's a lot of fun syncing up a bunch of tribes and making noise.
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
The Puppeteer
Electribe Newbie

Postby shugsy on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Thanks I wanted to know more about the differences between the electribes. Thanks for the info :thumbs:
shugsy
Electribe Newbie

Postby Bryceee on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:59 pm

I just got an EMX.... Got bored just mixing and thought it a natural progression to start making some beats.. Am planning on getting an ESX. Need a midi controller first tho. :joker:
Do the Robot Rock!
Bryceee
Electribe Newbie

Postby Exah on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:13 am

Hi All

I joined this forum because like everyone else here, I love and use the electribe extensivly. Currently, I'm using the Electribe MX which I got in 2004. I do find it to be an essential tool for my music (in the trance genre) - despite being monophonic I don't find this to be limiting, in fact it can sound pretty damn great. I use it for laying down synth sequences amongst other components of my tracks. However, I'm saving up for the SX at the current time. I think these days having a sampler is a wise idea, and almost typical in most dance type setups. So what I plan to do is some percussion/kick/groove sampling which I will program on the SX--and carry on the MX as I have been doing. From what I know the SX is an ideal partner to the MX and when combined provides an excellent robust setup.
Exah
Electribe Newbie

Postby ollyb303 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:12 am

Hello,

I am new to Electribe and have just picked up an ER1 and an EA1 (both first generation).

I wanted to add a bit of hardware "grooviness" to my largely software setup.

Not a lot to say about the 'tribes yet - only picked them up last night but they do seem very nice.

Other than that, I use Ableton Live 7, various softsynths and 3 faderfox midi controllers.

Peace
.:O:B:1:.

.: Live7 | Novation nio 2|4 | Faderfox LV2:LV2:DJ2 | Korg EA1:ER1 :.
ollyb303
Electribe Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion