Custom/mod/pimp Electribes? (esp. EMX-1)

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: Custom/mod/pimp Electribes? (esp. EMX-1)

Postby ReneSchultz on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 am

LamptonWorm wrote:Hi everyone,

Is anyone aware of a thread or resource about making a tribe "your own"? For example, this rather cool
led light of an EMX with Moog knobs..

Korg Electribe EMX with Custom Knobs by Tech Star, on Flickr

I've seen the silver EMX-1 also, nice.

Cheers,

LW.

Hello friend finally I got right information I was searching for.. DO you make these custom tribes? I have one special order so please contact me ASAP
ReneSchultz
Electribe Newbie

Postby ScottBrio on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

New to the forum here, as well as the Electribe club. I recently bought a mint EMX-1 SD. I uploaded the UK Bass patch, upgraded the tubes to some Electro-Harmonix, swapped to some OG synth knobs, and added a StyleFlip skin as well. I love the sound this thing puts out. It has very quickly become one of the most used bits of kit in my studio. Aside Ableton Live, the possibilities are endless... my overall sound has dramatically improved as well.

Overall I'm super happy with the way it turned out. I know it's a dead thread, but I wanted to share in case anyone else is interested in these things. Way under rated IMO!

and the original design:

rockin
ScottBrio
Electribe Newbie

Postby neotechtonics on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 am

that is one frrrkn sweet 'tribe!

I've always been too dubious of the styleflip skins to go for one.
neotechtonics: the study of recent underground movements and measurement of their local effects in order to develop techniques for predicting earthquakes
http://soundcloud.com/neotechtonics

EMX guru in training
neotechtonics
EF Special Task Force

Postby ScottBrio on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:00 am

Thanks dude! I just wanted to make it original. I rarely add skins to anything I own, but I felt the looks were a bit dated. The StyleFlip skins are really great quality- not so sticker-like really, more a slightly sticky overlay, so it's easy to take off one day when I get tired of it :D
ScottBrio
Electribe Newbie

Postby ishfaq on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Finally sorted my ESX with a custom Styleflip faceplate and some moogy knobs. Love the feel off the faceplate, has a soft almost leathery touch to it, feels much nicer to use now, and the knobs are way nicer feeling too so I'm well happy.

ishfaq
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Not a big mod, but I've got black knobs and a slider on mine. I like the blue faceplate, but am thinking I'd like to look into swapping out the LEDs someday.

Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby parallelfields on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:59 am

Hey everyone!

Im now happy owner of used electribe er1 mk2. I want to ask few questions from u guys who replaced the original knobs with those cool moog style knobs. Does the replacement knobs make it more sturdy. Because my electtibe's knobs are bit wiggly :(

Thanks!

-j
parallelfields
Electribe Newbie

Postby thehighesttree on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:21 am

I guess in theory it would reduce lateral movement just because the new caps are bigger, but my understanding is that the potentiometer stems are the same, just the caps have been replaced. To actually replace all the pots would be a massive undertaking, if you can find compatible parts...

I'd love to know if there's any possibility of adding a HOLD/LATCH button or switch for the arpeggiator; basically something to replicate holding down on the touchpad so that you don't have to waste a hand keeping an arp-line or a note held down. Would also be nice to move the ROLL button right beside the ribbon!
GEAR: TR-76(16Mb EXB-SMPL) /ESX-1 /KP3 /EMX-SD /R3 /uglyass Poly800 MkII /monotron
thehighesttree
Knob Abuser

Postby JakobBC on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 am

Any suggestions on where to find suitable "Classic" knobs for replacement? Pods are usually not the same under the cap.
JakobBC
Electribe Newbie

Postby Adrian Bago on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:48 am

I wonder where I can buy Moog knobs electribe style.

Thank you
Adrian Bago
Electribe Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion