New OS Suggestions?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: New OS Suggestions?

Postby buchanan on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm

LousyFacelift wrote:What I would really like to see is a shift note function for regions of a pattern in the EMX. Let's say you have an eight bar pattern and wish to transpose only the notes of synth parts 1,2 and 4 in bars 5 and 6. Even if this function would only work like the Repeat command, so that you'd have to first use Move, to get the region that you wish to be affected to the beginning of the pattern, then choosing an end step for the shift note command and then putting the pattern back in it's original order by using Move again...I hope this wasn't too confusing... Having to transpose individual notes in step edit takes way too long, especially when you have arpeggio tracks full of 16th or even shorter notes. If that's too much to ask for, Korg should at least make Transpose recordable(!) in pattern mode.
Also, a grid off feature would be nice, so that you could do unquantized recordings. Recording velocity changes would also be cool, even if you'd have to use a controller keyboard for this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lousyfacelift

That sounds useful... unfortunately never got a reply from Korg on suggestions. I take it you're aware you can press SOLO + < or > or step key to transpose. Doesn't do what you mention, but can be useful live.
buchanan
Electribe Newbie

Previous

Return to General Discussion