Emx1 necessary in my case?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Emx1 necessary in my case?

Postby zlzabayle1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:14 pm

I have an Er-1 mk2, an Ea-1 mk2, an ESX and a Kpro. I am considering getting an EMX. Do you think the 2 synth parts of the ESX, the 2 synth parts of Ea-1, and the improvisational synth qualities of the Kpro cover my bases synth-wise? Or would an EMX fill in some gaps that maybe I'm not seeing right now? Would getting an EMX be redundant?
zlzabayle1
Electribe Newbie

Re: Emx1 necessary in my case?

Postby technolovebucket on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:32 pm

I wonder how you would run the ESX and EMX at the same time. Seems like it would be an overload. I imagine you also just press play on both of them at the same time?
technolovebucket
Electribe Newbie

Postby thehighesttree on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 am

To answer that, MIDI Filter it so "E"(?) is open, then MIDI link the two and you only need to hit play/stop on your master.

All said, you probably have enough gear to cover EMX's territory, especially with the KPO. You might wanna find a specific role for each of the units so that you know where, for example, your basslines are gonna be coming from. Figuring out your ideal rig means optimizing your parts for intercompatibility. What do you generally use the ESX for in conjunction with your other gear?
GEAR: TR-76(16Mb EXB-SMPL) /ESX-1 /KP3 /EMX-SD /R3 /uglyass Poly800 MkII /monotron
thehighesttree
Knob Abuser

Postby Headphones on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Kind of depends if you need the 8 measures vs. the 4 you've got on your mk2's. (Although you do have a ESX for your 8). Keep in mind the effects/tubes of the EMX which can give your 5 synth parts some flavor the EA-1 mk2 can't dream of giving you, and also some drum sounds that the er-1 mk2 can't deliver as well. So yes, you're correct in there are a few gaps, but not too many. If you have the budget, and feel you need those gaps smoothed over, and don't mind a ton of midi/audio cables connecting all your tribes together, then I'd say go for it. If you feel your setup is all you need, then perhaps pass on it and focus your studio on something you feel you might better invest your cash into.
Headphones
Electribe Newbie

Return to General Discussion