Availability?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Availability?

Postby thomaspashko on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am

I'm a Canadian musician in Winnipeg, Canada and I recently came across some videos of the Electribe EMX1SD in use on Youtube. I decided that this machine is exactly what I need, so I went to my local Long & McQuade to enquire about pricing. He told me he'd never heard of it, but he'd call Korg Canada and get back to me. He just called me back and told me that the Electribe has been discontinued. I can't seem to find any evidence on the internet to back this up. Has it actually been discontinued? Is he BS'ing me? How can I get my hands on one of these devices in Canada?
thomaspashko
Electribe Newbie

Re: Availability?

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Not that I've heard of, unless he's looking at the original version with compact flash for memory. Here's a link for Sweetwater (my personal fave, though others like other retailers): http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EMX1SD/ You can get up to 24 months of financing if you qualify right now, too!

Get one - you'll dig it. I keep coming back to the blue box every time I go away for any length of time. It's just fun, handy and sounds good.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby thomaspashko on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks for the link. I got more in-depth with the dealers at L&MQ and they still insisted it's discontinued, but I guess I just won't be buying from them.
thomaspashko
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Interesting ... I guess I'll have to look into it just for curiosity's sake.

You're welcome, by the way.

Update: I'm starting to wonder myself,as they're out-of-stock at several places I've checked (and no longer listed at a couple). I'll make some calls on Monday and see what I can find out.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Headphones on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Not sure if the dealer was pulling your leg, because the EMX/ESX SD's are still on the main korg website, and they're still brand spanking new on eBay for $499. (Not too sure what the difference in Canadian currency is, maybe you'll be paying just a bit more, maybe you won't??). You'll find better deals in general if you can locate a used unit, but if you don't mind spending more for new, it's not that hard to locate. They're out there, and even if Korg did discontinue them, I'm sure there's enough out there to purchase. You just need to look.
Headphones
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 pm

OK! No official announcement as of yet - the electribe series are still available, but the numbers sold are obviously dropping. Whether Korg will continue to manufacture them or not is unknown to me at this time. If I can get my rep to spill the beans, I'll post it here as soon as he says it's OK. So far, though, he says they're still a viable Korg product.

Not much help, but there it is!
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Headphones on Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 am

Okay, it is finally announced by Korg, that the Electribes are to be discontinued. This is a bit of a shame, but then again, technology always moves on, and perhaps Korg has the desire to improve them, and if not, then we're just going to have to be satisfied with the Volcas. Looks like I better save up for the ESX.

:o

http://www.sequencer.de/blog/korg-elect ... nued/16473
Headphones
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

That specifies Japan, but I'm betting the rest of the world isn't far behind.

I did leave a message with my rep after seeing that; we'll see what he says when he gets back to me.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Rabid on Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 am

Korg seems to be focusing on little analog boxes and iPad conversions.
Rabid
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Thu May 02, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm betting those little analog boxes are the lead-in to something big ...
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Next

Return to General Discussion