Problem loading sample parts

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Problem loading sample parts

Postby robnascimento on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:55 am

Hello,

I have been having some trouble loading samples to my patterns. I just loaded a bunch of .wav samples to the SD card, copied, saved, and they are all found at the end of the sample list (with the sd tag on them). The problem is that I can load an SD sample to all the pads except 2 and 4, which sucks cause i want my 808 samples lined up neatly for composition. For some reason, when I try to load them, no 2 and 4 keep blinking and do not load a sample part, or play it. However, this only happens when the first pad is an SD sample. When I take the first pad to the samples on the beginning of the list -like 001 to 100- then 2 and 4 can load anything. Im trully puzzled and have read the manual back and forth. Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob
robnascimento
Electribe Newbie

Re: Problem loading sample parts

Postby sauce on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello.. You loaded stereo samples, which take up two instrument slots. Import them into Audacity, convert them to mono and reload into the ESX, and they will work as you wish.. You really don't want TR-808 samples to be stereo anyway, at least not the kick, to reduce phasing.

Welcome to the board. =)
http://SnowMetal.org for music, tutorials, news, sample-packs and tutorials.
sauce
Knob Fiddler

Return to General Discussion