Rookie question about why these were discontinued

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Rookie question about why these were discontinued

Postby andreasroman on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Hello, so this is my first post, for whatever it's worth. I just bought the blue one, and I'm a serious user of hardware. My first gear was an SY55, and from there it just continued. I've had Akais, Moogs, Rolands, Korgs, you name it.

So what I don't get it this, with hardware being back in the groove and all, why the Electribes were discontinued? Having used one for just a few hours now, it just seems so right in all aspects and there's amazing value for the price. Sure, it has a very distinct sound, but doesn't all good instruments have? That's part of having a voice, right?

So I just don't get it. I got the Volcas and the Monotribe and I get those, I got the Octatrack and I get that, and I have a Tempest and blahblahblah. And this blue little Tribe just has so much to offer and in some aspects, blows current gear out of the water.

I don't get it.

Not that it matters.

But I just don't get it.

I'm getting the Red one tomorrow.
andreasroman
Electribe Newbie

Re: Rookie question about why these were discontinued

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Declining sales figures. They'd reached the end of their run and were no longer profitable. Hopefully Korg will do something along the lines of the EMX/ESX in the future, but that remains to be seen.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby TRAUMA on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:56 am

It makes sense why sales were dropping on these. Our breed are going extinct. Our breed actually HAS talent and uses hardware and physically creates tracks and riffs on real m instruments. Now everyone buys or steals computer software and does everything on a laptop. The most you'll see in lines of actual hardware now are midi controllers and USB controllers made specifically for software like ableton. I really hope Korg sees thenmlught and puts out a new electribe line one day. The volcas and monotrubes jus seem like toys to me. Don't get me wrong, software has its place but I just can't get behind going to see an show and finding a guy on stage with a laptop who's more interested in dressing like a swag fag than actually working on stage and playing REAL instruments.
TRAUMA
Electribe Newbie

Postby koczango on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:47 am

So you say that tribes are more real than computer software, why is that? Or by saying real instruments you mean guitars pianos etc.? Sorry I dont get it.
koczango
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:06 am

Yeah, I don't get the battle against various instruments, either. You use what you have, whether it's software, a physical instrument or a rock. I don't care what you made your music with as long as I like the music itself. If you're not happy with what you have, then move on to something else.

I will say that it's probably a lot easier to have it all on a hard drive and just load up the laptop vs. all the silly gear we used to have to haul around. Gigging back in the '80's was just plain stupid compared to today! The first time I saw someone run their show from an iPad and one synth, I was really and truly amazed. I thought rack gear was an innovation, but having sequences stored on an iPad (or the like) is really something. I still like to have a physical synth with knobs to twiddle, though.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Return to General Discussion