Just Bought An ESX, Should I Sell My EMX?

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Just Bought An ESX, Should I Sell My EMX?

Postby TRAUMA on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi. So just like the title says Ive owned my EMX for a few year or so now and finally found a great deal on an ESX. I love my EMX but I really wanted a good sampler since I sold my ES-1 MKII a couple years ago and sold my KP3 because as a sampler it was a huge disappointment. So after reading up on people who do own or used to own both, its looking like now that I have an ES, my EMX is almost arbitrary. Am I wrong here? These are my only electronic instruments now. Im in the market for amnsynthesizer but haven't found a good deal yet. So since I haven't actually gotten my ESX yet and haven't played it I was wondering if I'll find my EMX useless or does it still do a lot that the ESX can't do?

My style of music with electronic instruments is very percussion driven but I use a lot of fat lead synth and bass as well. Is that where the EMX does what the ESX can't? I got the ESX because I want to get back into using a lot of cool samples again like clips from movies and things like that. Thanks in advance.
TRAUMA
Electribe Newbie

Re: Just Bought An ESX, Should I Sell My EMX?

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:32 pm

I would say hang on to the EMX for now, see how you use the two of them together (or not) and decide after a few months if you want to sell it or not.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby TRAUMA on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah that's been the plan. I wanna take a few months to figure out the ESX and whether I sell the EMX or not I'm gonna end up keeping the ESX and probably buying a synth or a Miss Kitara or trip baas.
TRAUMA
Electribe Newbie

Postby Dr Feelgood on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:06 pm

I would keep it. The EMX and ESX work really well together.
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Korg Microstation
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

https://soundcloud.com/feelgood79
https://soundcloud.com/holographic-dreams-1
Dr Feelgood
Master Tribe Wizard

Return to General Discussion