New Electribes!

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Re: New Electribes!

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:20 am

Japanese language manual: http://www.korg-datastorage.jp/Manual/e ... _PG_J1.pdf. Lists in the back are in English.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby primate on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:05 am

hi guys, long time no see!

im definitely excited about these new tribes, but a little apprehensive at the same time.

things that i really hope are improved from the emx are:
eliminated that weird click from the start of the sine waveform
made the mod envelope retrigger.

and im a bit concerned that with all the great extra functions that have been added, that weve lost a bit of functionality. on the synth model it appears that we have a big rotary to select a waveform, then no osc1 and osc2 parameters. maybe they can be moduted or sequenced, but it appears that they dont have dedicated knobs, which seems a bit weird.

so the sampler version also has the synth engine, but replaces the PCM section with a sampler? is that right? seems like that would make the sampler version way more attractive, it looks like the PCM selection has been beefed up a lot, but given the choice of being stuck with whats preloaded or swapping in my own samples, id rather have the latter.

also a bit wary of this apparent delay in output when switching from one pattern to another, was quite evident in the mitsubishi demo. surely a glaring problem like this would be ironed out prior to release? prior to demoing the tjing id have thought!

im hoping that the sampler version comes with some proprietary version of jeff's open electribe wave organiser. using the esx without it was kinda painful at times.

like i say, excited, apprehensive, cant wait to get my hands on one!

might be a revival of the forum too!
primate
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Great to see you back, Primate! I was beginning to think I was about the only one here. :cry:

There's a lot of discussion on the Korg Forums about these new electribes - mostly the new synth version. I'm hoping some of that will spill over here. I'm also hoping that once they're actually available, my rep will give me a complete tour of it ... before I bring it home with me! :D

What model(s) are you currently using?
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby wasstof on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:40 am

Hi Guys! Blue Monsters right, there is a lot about the New Tribes over on the Korg Forum, it seems like the audio glitch has been much improved since the Mistabishi demos with a software update, there Is still an abrupt cut of the insert effects when switching patterns though!
wasstof
Electribe Newbie

Previous

Return to General Discussion