SD Cart Save

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

SD Cart Save

Postby SektorC on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:13 am

Hey Guys!

I have a question about the EMX-1 SD. Is it possible to write Patterns on my sd cart? If yes, how? :P And can i Use only Toshiba Smartmedia Carts or is it possible to choose also SDHC ?

Thank you very much for any help! :D

I want to write my Patterns, because i Need to buy a new EMX, if there is any other Option to write it on a SD, please tell! :D

Sorry for my bad english!

Have a nice day!
SektorC
Electribe Newbie

Re: SD Cart Save

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:21 am

Do you mean you want to write directly to the card and not to the internal memory first? If so, then no. You can only write to the internal memory, then save it to the card.

I'm pretty sure you can use any brand of SD card, providing it's 32 gigs or less. I've used various brands over the years, but tend to stay with better known ones rather than generic cheap ones.

Does that help?
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Electrinoob on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:34 pm

Yes you can write patterns to the card and save them on the card.
There are two Electribe EMX-1's. Smart Media version and SD card version. Smart Media is hard to find the cards and the card readers these days and after a few more years you will not be able to buy them. SD version is OK and you can use any SD card, under 32 GB as Blue Monster says.
Electrinoob
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 am

Write directly to the card without using the internal memory first? I did not know that! I'll have to go give it a try. I've always saved as an internal pattern first, then saved to card. New tricks for old dogs, eh? :D
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Return to General Discussion