Old electribes vs the new ones

Talk about anything related to the Electribes.

Moderator: Aciphecs

Old electribes vs the new ones

Postby Dimension on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:48 pm

after getting very familiar with abletons algorithms when manipulating waveforms ive realized i have heard better quality audio manipulation out there, and by better quality i mean like in digital art theres more pixels to accentuate the image.

My good friend has the MX SD and I noticed its an older model so Im wondering if the newer one has similar quality analog filters and waveforms and overall effects and audio manipulation cause it looks really digital!
Dimension
Electribe Newbie

Re: Old electribes vs the new ones

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:05 am

Both are digital instruments. The EMX is just older and doesn't have the latest in an analog modeling engine. The new one will actually sound more "analog" if that's what you want. The EMX kind of has a sound all it's own.
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Postby Dimension on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:31 am

hmm interesting, ive just been wondering of a better waveform sampler than abletons, it seems you can increase the quality of it by increasing the sample rate to say 96khz, I find im getting lots of quality loss with it... what about sherman filterbank2?
Dimension
Electribe Newbie

Postby Blue Monster 65 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:02 am

The Sherman Filterbank is a stand-alone analog filter and yeah - you can use it to dirty up your sounds. Here's a video of someone doing just that:

(If it doesn't show up above, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI-JICGYGwc)
Blue Monster 65
EF Special Task Force

Return to General Discussion